• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

I found a place for the inspection. In and out quickly. Stickers Express or Stickers Only. something like that. It is a chain.

There was one similar in Taylor but it closed down a couple of years ago. The guy that ran it was a Marine, nice guy and he caught an axle seal leak on my truck that I didn't know about. He was also Navajo from Arizona, told me how he rode off road in Monument Valley because he could. I was jealous. I only drove through on the tourist roads, no motorcycle riding allowed. He went through MCRD San Diego, being I grew up near there we had some good conversations.

I could be persuaded. It's a longer haul now that we're in Granger and all I have to drive is a one ton diesel truck.

I've been needing a burger. I'll see if I can make it... closer to 12 than 11...

I'll get there about 11:29-11:30. Just got done with errands.

Look's like it's gonna be HOT Thursday. Anyone for lunch anyway???????
TG

Visiting my parents and helping them with yard work.

Maybe. I'm dropping my wife off at the airport today, so my time is more under my control.

I'll try to make it... will be a bit after noon at the earliest...

Riding to Fred-berg for lunch tomorrow , so I am out.
To

OK team - we (myself included) need to do a little better on these moto lunches. Back in the day, we'd regularly get 10 riders there, and could often see as many as 15 or 20. Weather is getting nice and I for one would like to get this back on my regular calendar. As anti-social as I am, I did really enjoy these lunches.

Anyone else out there care to try to re-kindle this? I for one would like to move it away from Billy's. What about Ski Shores Cafe ? The food is just a mediocre as Billy's, but it's on the lake and at the end of a really fun road. I'm a big fan of food trailer parks; much more variety and usually quite good quality. Some food trailer options:

1. the one just 200' south of Billys. Great hot dogs and carna asada fries, very good Vietnamese, falafel and arepas. Good coffee trailer, too! Looks like this is called 5000 Burnet.
2. Buzz Mill - south of the river, just east of 35. Never been there, but looks tasty
3. Mueller - great space, parking and vibe. Pretty centrally located. Not as many truck options as there used to be.
4. Or, something up north a bit?

So, whadayasay? Can we get this going again? Would moving this north help? Or south of the river? Or, perhaps we audition a few different spots? Or even rotate spots around Austin to encourage participation?

Back