• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

Here's another plug for the Vann Cave Podcast. In this episode, we talk about an aviation archaeology research project we worked on a couple of years ago. We had hoped to make an historical documentary about the event, but hit a bunch of roadblocks along the way. While the film idea died off, all the hard work made for some great articles and what I thought was a compelling podcast:

CONTENT UPDATE: We go for a motorcycle ride and get lost, then unlost, then we end up at a freakin' small-town Dairy Queen again. That's right, the Dairy Queen Saga now has a Part 5. Don't even act like you're surprised this happened. :)

Great video! The Dairy Queen thing is funny, although, I'm a big DQ fan. I haven't been to Imperial in over 30 years, and I had heard a rumor they had removed all of the big dunes for use in the fracking that's going on now. From the looks of your video that rumor is true...

Sadly, that seems to be true. The dunes hardest hit for frac sand have been Kermit and Imperial from what I can tell. The ones in the state park at Monahans are still protected, but they are mining it everywhere else they can. I'm all for industry and progress, but there's a certain pain to watching these ancient places be destroyed.

Had the pleasure of being on another episode of The Vann Cave podcast. In this one, we discuss amateur astronomy and Matt's observatory:

CONTENT UPDATE: We spent a week wandering across New Mexico and had to make a stop at White Sands Missile Range. Enjoy a tour of WSMR Missile Park and a little Tim Kreitz childhood history:

CONTENT UPDATE: I made a short show-n-tell vid on how I lowered the ride height of my FZ-07. In it I discuss the pros and cons of the mod and offer some shots of the bike in its new stance.

Last edited:
What helmet are you wearing?

Love the sound of the pipe :-P

Thanks. The pipe is an H2Racing canister with an XG-1 header. Little bike makes about 75 horsepower, but it sounds like an R1M. Ha! Gotta love Yamaha's crossplane crank designs. BTW, that helmet is a 1Storm. I actually have two of them and the white one in this vid is completely worn out. I really should throw it away, but you know how it goes; right about they time they start to stink and come apart at the seams inside, they are at their most comfortable.

Here's the other 1Storm. I haven't worn it as much on video, but it's great for long trips. Both are modular with dual visors [vid contains a small bit of language]:

Last edited:
Had another fun time on the Vann Cave Podcast. On this episode, we talk about all the ridiculous flying stuff we're into. Enjoy. :)

It's interesting to me how many people never knew about the 1930s airmail beacons and the associated navigational arrows they were built upon. This episode combines aviation archeology with motorcycles and buffoonery, so it's one of my faves on the channel:

Last edited:
NEW EPISODE: A motorcycle trip to the small town of Sterling City, Texas in search of historical landmarks, ruins, and ghost town remnants devolves into another episode in the Dairy Queen Saga. Don't even act like you're surprised. It's me and the boys, having fun in West Texas once again!

Another epic California motorcycle trip is in the books. We took some fantastic rides, drank excellent craft beer, and hung out with wonderful people. Don't miss this episode of Tim Kreitz Adventures!

Hi Tim,
I went to your youtube site and watched some of your material. Great is all I can say. After looking at your 2018 recap video, I certainly share your valuation of the time we have left on this earth, and will say I now have 3 dogs, and waited at least 5 years to get another dog due to the pain after losing my chocolate lab. I found myself crying and calling his name in the fields. Not easy.

Hi Tim, I went to your youtube site and watched some of your material. Great is all I can say. After looking at your 2018 recap video, I certainly share your valuation of the time we have left on this earth, and will say I now have 3 dogs, and waited at least 5 years to get another dog due to the pain after losing my chocolate lab. I found myself crying and calling his name in the fields. Not easy.

Not easy, indeed. Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me. I'm glad you're enjoying the channel! :)

CONTENT UPDATE: Our annual motorcycle trip to the New Mexico High Country was fun as ever. Join Clif, Jeff, the Geezers & Scalawags, and me as we explore Fort Stanton, Cloudcroft, Weed, Mayhill and Lincoln:

CONTENT UPDATE: Our annual motorcycle trip to the New Mexico High Country was fun as ever. Join Clif, Jeff, the Geezers & Scalawags, and me as we explore Fort Stanton, Cloudcroft, Weed, Mayhill and Lincoln:

Was just there at spruce too. Were you sad to leave too? Nice work!

Was just there at spruce too. Were you sad to leave too? Nice work!

Thanks! Yes, I needed a few more days there for sure, but between my current musical/art projects and a busy brewery, I had to head back. That place is always a little slice of heavenly escape in the late summertime.

Here's another awesome episode of the Vann Cave Podcast that I appeared on. Unfortunately, the audio on the mixing console failed, so we he had to use the room audio, but still a very good episode:

Vann Cave! In this episode, we talk ham radio for an hour and completely geek out, as usual.

Solstice Litany, A Short Motorcycle Film
Look, just kick back, press play, and let this happen. You need more poetry in your life. I've had this poem by Jim Harrison ringing in my head for a month and was compelled to do something creative with it. The music and videography are mine, the words are Jim's:

On this episode of the Vann Cave Podcast, we discuss growing up in a gun culture and offer our perspective on all the anti-gun nonsense American society is currently being burdened with and endangered by:

Back