• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

heck a zrx12 is as much fun as anything on two wheels I think! But, as a purist, it really should be kawi green :-)

heck a zrx12 is as much fun as anything on two wheels I think! But, as a purist, it really should be kawi green :-)

I do enjoy my ZRX for sure. I only have silver because I fell into the perfect deal when it was still almost new. If memory serves, I payed somewhere around $4,300 with just a few miles on the odometer. For a deal like that, I could do without Kawi Green. LOL. :)

NEW EPISODE: Do you even creepy, bro? Come along as we visit the ruins of a strange mystery mansion and an unsettling farm community that's right out of a Rob Zombie movie. Sometimes West Texas is bizarre and creepy. This was one of those rides on a cold, dreary winter's day.

Great camera perspective, haven't seen that before . Good engine sound too.

Sarcastically Pleasant Farms huh? :lol2:

Last edited:
Tim, have you ever tried small? Ever climbed up on a CT90 or a grom and tiddled along at 25 or 30 mph and checked out the sights and smells of flying low?

I know you have done old because of the bikes you restored. I just don't remember you on a 100cc or less. Any interest?

Tim, have you ever tried small? Ever climbed up on a CT90 or a grom and tiddled along at 25 or 30 mph and checked out the sights and smells of flying low? I know you have done old because of the bikes you restored. I just don't remember you on a 100cc or less. Any interest?

I wouldn't mind having a Z125 and have considered purchasing one. In college, I rode a Rebel 250, but Midland-Odessa traffic was a lot less crowded and not as crazy back in the '90s. The main problem with small-displacement bikes out here in the vast expanses of West Texas, too, is that they don't have the legs to be safe on our long, straight 75- and 80-mile-per-hour highways. Combine that with all the dangerous oilfield traffic (we actually have a road called the 'Highway of Death' due to all the oilfield-related crashes) and it's best to ride bikes that'll take the beans.

I do dig your vibe, though. Despite the fact that I was doing 100 MPH on my Bonneville at the end of the video, I really do enjoy how much fun it is to ride at low and slow speeds. There's nothing like taking a chilled out ride on that bike when the wildflowers are in bloom.

I wouldn't mind having a Z125 and have considered purchasing one. In college, I rode a Rebel 250, but Midland-Odessa traffic was a lot less crowded and not as crazy back in the '90s. The main problem with small-displacement bikes out here in the vast expanses of West Texas, too, is that they don't have the legs to be safe on our long, straight 75- and 80-mile-per-hour highways. Combine that with all the dangerous oilfield traffic (we actually have a road called the 'Highway of Death' due to all the oilfield-related crashes) and it's best to ride bikes that'll take the beans.

I do dig your vibe, though. Despite the fact that I was doing 100 MPH on my Bonneville at the end of the video, I really do enjoy how much fun it is to ride at low and slow speeds. There's nothing like taking a chilled out ride on that bike when the wildflowers are in bloom.
I was thinking the exact same thing, after all it is West Texas. The sites are few and far between

Not arguing here, just I use a different approach. I'd trailer an hour and then spend a day in an area. I'd cross some of those areas on dirt roads instead of going past them on the highway. I have trailered to Palo Duro SP and used that as a base for the CT90.

It's not a replacement of, it's in addition to. Just saying.

Not arguing here, just I use a different approach. I'd trailer an hour and then spend a day in an area. I'd cross some of those areas on dirt roads instead of going past them on the highway. I have trailered to Palo Duro SP and used that as a base for the CT90. It's not a replacement of, it's in addition to. Just saying.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. The only reason I haven't gone to some kind of small-displacement dual sport motorcycle over the years is because most of the areas off the highway in my area are on private land and generally unaccessible. There are public dirt roads here and there, but they mainly just go past fenced off areas and lead eventually to other paved roads. That said, I'm sure I'm losing out on some good finds by staying on the asphalt most of the time.

By the way...at the end, in the garage, why do you have the flag half buried?

By the way...at the end, in the garage, why do you have the flag half buried?

That flag has been hanging there since I first bought the house back in the mid-'90s, long before I placed my brew stand in front of it. It's a worn out BOP flag that was going to be destroyed, so I saved it. I should probably do something else with it, but I don't have enough wall space anywhere else.

Last edited:
We had a great time hanging out with the great Burr Williams again on the Vann Cave podcast. He is a wealth of information and the conversation is always enthralling.

Topic list with time stamps:
Blue Gravy vinyl @7:40
Burr's library adventures @16:40
Native history @23:44
Soviet stuff @38:55
Mexico @44:30
Cannabis legalization @54:43
Local hiking @1:12:17
Burr's photography @1:17:36
Pollution and plastics @1:22:00
Local bird migration @1:31:15
Christmas bird counts @1:34:30
Geology @1:37:47
Foxes, ringtails, bobcats, coyotes @1:42:00

Last edited:
With only a few days to spare before 2020, I managed to finish my annual Tim Kreitz Adventures year in review. There's some tasty guitar shredding at the end by Yours Truly as well, so hang in for the whole ride:

That's one way to get around the copyright music thing, make your own music. Good job Timur

Keep um coming

We've been doing a little planning for the channel regarding ideas for 2020. I always pin the places we've been on my YouTube account to keep up with how much ground we've covered over the years in the episodes. So far, this is what it looks like. It'll be interesting to go back and compare these images with the updated ones at the end of this year:

We've been doing a little planning for the channel regarding ideas for 2020. I always pin the places we've been on my YouTube account to keep up with how much ground we've covered over the years in the episodes. So far, this is what it looks like. It'll be interesting to go back and compare these images with the updated ones at the end of this year:

View attachment 251881
View attachment 251882
I can't believe you have not done Big Bend? Come on man!

It's the river road west side of Big Bend that is on the top 5 roads of Texas.

I would recommend Broken Bow, OK and the Ouichita forest in OK. Albert Pike area. But it's a long way from West Texas. I'm all in for trailering to and then exploring an area.

We're gonna be concentrating more on Big Bend again this year. I wanna do Dom rock, Santa Elena Canyon, and a few other places I haven't put into episodes yet.

Last edited:
Here is some neat construction going on out in your side of the state. This guy kind of reminds me of your vids

Staying tuned

Back