• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

This is just a glorified update video since I haven't produced content in over a month. Here's what I've been up to:

Like the Tilt-A-Whirl camera thingy.

It looks hot too, in an oven broiler kind of way. As you know, our hot is in a stovetop cabbage steamer kind of way.

Sounds like life has come your way once again.

Tim's triumphant return almost ends in disaster

My theory is that when deer are in a exposed location such as an open field they will "always" tend to head for cover (brushy wooded area) even if that path presents danger. Of course deer also can't process the rate of speed which vehicles present. IMO.

Yeah, they always bolt for cover. The top rail of that fence kept me from seeing him at all until about 0.4 seconds before impact. Oddly, Britt was about 30 meters behind me and had the right perspective for a bird's-eye view of the whole thing. He said he almost made poo. :D

I rolled over one and ate her.

The other one the other day crossed my F150 grill at about 15mph with 1 inch clearance. Truly impressive. Kind of like your incident.

Tim, a friend of mine asked on Facebook about the Ace of Clubs in Big Spring. I remembered your video and posted a link to it for him. Evidently, it is being restored, and one of the restorers posted about taking the big tree that was in front of it down. When it was gone, they could see that it didn't say "Gentlemen's Club", but "Ex-Serviceman’s Club". So maybe it never was a strip joint after all.

A video as evidence:

Edit: updated the Ex-Serviceman’s Club name based on the restorer's recollection.

Last edited:
Yeah, they always bolt for cover. The top rail of that fence kept me from seeing him at all until about 0.4 seconds before impact. Oddly, Britt was about 30 meters behind me and had the right perspective for a bird's-eye view of the whole thing. He said he almost made poo. :D

had many encounters with these dumb critters, one in particular was a backroad near Kerrville. came down into a low water crossing in a curve when a buck with a nice rack hopped the four foot fence on my right and came with in inches from my front tire.

once that excitement was over and he was across the road, he ran down the left side which had an 8’ game fence. i kinda stayed with him for sport until he started trying to jump the high fence, each time catching an antler in it and doing a flip, landing on his back. after the third attempt, i decided to stop and let him go on his way before he broke his neck and within a couple hundred yards, he crossed back over and jumped the low fence on the right. bet his next day didn’t start off with a brisk trot to find the girls.

all this video editing stuff is endlessly consuming, thus the reason I don't do it.
giphy.gif

Tim, a friend of mine asked on Facebook about the Ace of Clubs in Big Spring. I remembered your video and posted a link to it for him. Evidently, it is being restored, and one of the restorers posted about taking the big tree that was in front of it down. When it was gone, they could see that it didn't say "Gentlemen's Club", but "Ex-Serviceman’s Club". So maybe it never was a strip joint after all.

A video as evidence:

Edit: updated the Ex-Serviceman’s Club name based on the restorer's recollection.

Thanks for the info and update on this, George. Much appreciated. :thumb:

Late seventies was Windfall profit taxes, by 83, 84 is was a bust. Would have been nice to see a picture back in the day of that pool with sand around it!

Back