• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

Tim, I lived in Midland/Odessa/Andrews off and on for the first 59 years of my life. Wow! In the last fourteen years I've forgotten how flat and dry it is. I enjoy revisiting through your videos.

I have a Vance and Hines exhaust for my KLR. I bought it from a fellow TWT member since I love the sound of a thumper. His sounded great as I followed a 100 yards back. Later I realized hearing is good and there's no use degrading it anymore. My abused ears ring night and day. It's still in the box.

Always entertaining
Thank you kindly, Mitch. :)

Been waiting. That was a close figure at the end...almost 89ish!
Much appreciated. I have a couple of vids where I go over 100 on it. People always seem surprised. I'm like, "Well, it is the original ton-up bike, after all." :D :)

Tim, I lived in Midland/Odessa/Andrews off and on for the first 59 years of my life. Wow! In the last fourteen years I've forgotten how flat and dry it is. I enjoy revisiting through your videos.

I have a Vance and Hines exhaust for my KLR. I bought it from a fellow TWT member since I love the sound of a thumper. His sounded great as I followed a 100 yards back. Later I realized hearing is good and there's no use degrading it anymore. My abused ears ring night and day. It's still in the box.
You would be astonished at how much the area has changed. Sometimes I don't even recognize it myself. But yes, it's perpetually as flat as a dime and you can almost always count on it being too dry most years. Cheers.

When I got back into amateur radio during the pandemic, I knew it was only a matter of time before being a ham and being a motorcyclist intersected in a video. Here's a ride and a look at my simple HF station that talks around the world with ease:

Last edited:
When I got back into amateur radio during the pandemic, I knew it was only a matter of time before being a ham and being a motorcyclist intersected in a video. Here's a ride and a look at my simple HF station that talks around the world with ease:

@Darty

Nice, there is a pretty good amateur radio presence here. I need to get my HF off the ground, I have have a good HF radio. I made a dipole and it's laying in the attack. I've never taken the time to actually install it. I have a couple of those 40ft pushup poles. I eventually would like to put a tower up. If I plan it right I shouldn't have a problem putting a nice sized tower up.

Still need to fix the radio in the truck also :-/

Nice, there is a pretty good amateur radio presence here. I need to get my HF off the ground, I have have a good HF radio. I made a dipole and it's laying in the attack. I've never taken the time to actually install it. I have a couple of those 40ft pushup poles. I eventually would like to put a tower up. If I plan it right I shouldn't have a problem putting a nice sized tower up.

Still need to fix the radio in the truck also :-/

Once you get things in motion, there very much is a snowball effect. That's how it happened for me both times around. Before you know it, antennas are strung everywhere and you're talking to guys in Australia while simultaneously ruining your next-door neighbor's TV reception. It's an addictive hoot. :)

Lack of adhesion is apparently a problem with aftermarket tank knee pads. Hopefully this will fix it:

Lack of adhesion is apparently a problem with aftermarket tank knee pads. Hopefully this will fix it:

UPDATE: This method did not work. When I got home today, it was 103º in my garage and the carpet tape was letting go. So in the best interest of the viewer, I took the video down.

I got to ride and review a Grom last week and discovered that I really like the bike. I totally get why this little motorcycle has become a miniature legend in its own time, but just can't figure out exactly how I would use it personally if I owned one:

I got to ride and review a Grom last week and discovered that I really like the bike. I totally get why this little motorcycle has become a miniature legend in its own time, but just can't figure out exactly how I would use it personally if I owned one:

"I couldn't get a ticket if I tried"....Tim, you're not trying hard enough!

Hahaha. :) If only I had a dollar for every time I heard those words growing up.
And I believe it would be a "Gaggle of Groms" if there is a large group of those guys. I got passed by a "gaggle" on FM3090. Funniest thing I saw all day.

I spent a fun afternoon riding and reviewing the new Gen-3 Suzuki Hayabusa earlier this week. Not only is the Hayabusa still a berserk rocket sled, but it's now one of the most electronically advanced motorcycles in the world.

New vid about an old habit. The good thing about there not being many critters out here is that we've grown accustomed to riding at night in the summer:

BTW, I noticed all the embedding has gone away in this entire forum section. Temporary glitch?

New vid about an old habit. The good thing about there not being many critters out here is that we've grown accustomed to riding at night in the summer:

BTW, I noticed all the embedding has gone away in this entire forum section. Temporary glitch?
:shrug:

Were the ads not being shown when viewed from the forum (Don't recall)? Maybe that's why we were given the axe

Last edited:
This one is not motorcycle-related, but an addition to the channel nonetheless. The new body of songs I'm writing and recording is a departure from the Red Dirt and Southern Rock styles I've been cultivating over the past seven or eight years. Granted, I had my biggest national successes as a musician in that genre, but I wanted to get back to my musical roots. For those of you who remember the Dingo Sanctuary albums I released in the late '00s and early '10s, this is a return to that sound.

A big thanks once again to Midland Powersports for inviting me out to review another motorcycle. This time, I got to ride the new 2022 KLR650. It was my toughest review yet, as this motorcycle really doesn't agree with my motorcycling interests and riding style. Still, the KLR is a legend, and I felt that doing an honest assessment from an outsider's point of view was valuable. Enjoy:

Back