• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

I talked to him about buying it but somehow i didnt get out to marfa to see it while he was there. Its a top heavy bike thats really capable. Just under dressed to compete with BMW when they launched.

I talked to him about buying it but somehow i didnt get out to marfa to see it while he was there. Its a top heavy bike thats really capable. Just under dressed to compete with BMW when they launched.

Sorry, I thought I responded to this message originally. Yes, it is probably the single most top-heavy motorcycle I've ever messed with. There's no wonder it ended up being a bit of a flop for Honda.

Not technically motorcycle related, but here is the instrumental song I composed for the previous episode (for those who might want to hear it in its entirety):

That's the one that you feel like your in a high performance moto riding commercial.

The weather was perfect and the roads were great; best Three Sisters trip in recent years:

Outstanding video, Tim. Plenty of reflection and a healthy dose of inspiration.

I did my first Three Sisters ride this past weekend. After 50 plus years in the dirt, I thought tarmac would be kinda dull. Well, duh ... there was enough adrenaline and teeth-sucking to keep anyone happy ... and there are some marks on the riding shorts that'll never buff out. I'm hooked.

Lots of fun, lots of learning - thanks to Boulder Ed for showing me the way.

But, next time ... I'm going to slow down a bit as you did and enjoy that amazing creation called the Hill Country.

Keep those excellent videos coming!

Outstanding video, Tim. Plenty of reflection and a healthy dose of inspiration.

I did my first Three Sisters ride this past weekend. After 50 plus years in the dirt, I thought tarmac would be kinda dull. Well, duh ... there was enough adrenaline and teeth-sucking to keep anyone happy ... and there are some marks on the riding shorts that'll never buff out. I'm hooked.

Lots of fun, lots of learning - thanks to Boulder Ed for showing me the way.

But, next time ... I'm going to slow down a bit as you did and enjoy that amazing creation called the Hill Country.

Keep those excellent videos coming!
K-dub made the transition from dirt to street beautifully last weekend. He made it look easy and i know it's not so straightforward transitioning from dirt to street, then excelling in the twisties. :-)

K-dub made the transition from dirt to street beautifully last weekend. He made it look easy and i know it's not so straightforward transitioning from dirt to street, then excelling in the twisties. :-)
Very kind of you to say ... but you were loafing at half pace, and I was sweating bullets! Next time I'll be faster ... after I enjoy the scenery Tim brought to light.

P.S. I may try it again on something other than knobbies :nono:

Checking out the scenery is becoming incredibly enjoyable to me. Going fast, or even riding sportbikes has lost it's appeal. At different stages in life I sensed and then adapted to physical and mental changes. One crash and you may never ride again. I remember wondering how it could be that 3 of my fastest riding buddies were all in adjacent hospital rooms from independent accidents at one point. That, and the doctor telling me I may want to give up riding due to my own three concussion attempts was one of those turning points for me. I told him, "Ok, I've just become a sport tourer instead of a sport rider". That change opened up a whole new approach to adventure touring and along with it, way more comfortable bikes!

Checking out the scenery is becoming incredibly enjoyable to me. Going fast, or even riding sportbikes has lost it's appeal. At different stages in life I sensed and then adapted to physical and mental changes.

I agree completely. I've never had more fun riding motorcycles than I'm having right now, and I'm riding the slowest bikes I've ever owned. You go through chapters as a motorcyclist for sure, and if you're smart, all of them are wonderful in their own ways.

I'm sorry I hadn't looked in here sooner. The last 5 years have not been kind. Savage, brutal, and near fatal actually. I haven't rode in 2.5 years.
And scant before that.

To see those roads that I could not get enough of since returning to riding in 2006 was magical.
I put 20k on the '82 Sportster I got, then 20k more on the bagger, mostly out there. Then an old bomber took over, then life reared it's occasionally ugly head.
It all seems like a bad dream. And now the bomber is gone, as are many friends.
That there was one or two spots in the video where I asked myself, "is that on..... uhhh.... hmmm.....," screams it's been too long.

I say each year, when cool weather returns, so will I to riding.
If I'm not doing that again in weeks to come, please put on your favorite heavy riding boots, and plant one of them in my backside and tell me to get moving.
Before I can't.

Thank you, Tim.

I always say, put a stake in the ground, and then just do it. I tend to talk up an adventure to the point my friends would not let me back out without losing all credibility. I had to follow through on an Alaska trip because of that in 2012. Had the time of my life.

Another good report. Like the đź—Ľ

Thanks! Me, too. Ever since I got back heavy into amateur radio during the pandemic, I pay strange attention to all this type of infrastructure and learn what I can about it. The history of AT&T Long Lines is pretty fascinating. Also, my ham radio addition is now fully out of control:

Back