• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Time for another educational gathering - Oct 29

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
I've been having fun learning to print and also my post processing is getting better. Anyone interested in gathering for a group education and sharing session? Last one was in Austin and I can host again, depending on when. Or I can travel if someone has a place where 10 or so folks can gather.

September and early October are spotty for me, but I wanted to start the discussion now.

Update

Okay, date is Oct. 29th, start time, about 9am. A little earlier is fine, but this gives Jennifer a little more time to make it in from Thorndale.
8900 Brushygate CV.
Austin, 78717

IN
Darrell (drfood)
Jay
Kyle (Deco)

Maybe
Debbie (snoopster)
Scott (M38A1)
Jennifer (SweetPotatoFries)

Last edited:
Re: Time for another educational gathering?

I had a great time at the last one, I would definately be interested in another photo tech day!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

PLEASE

I would love to ... Saturdays will be busy for awhile with cross country meets.

Jennifer

Any further thoughts on this?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I'd love to if it were on a Sunday.

I'd love to if it were on a Sunday.

Troublemaker. :-)

Looking at my schedule, specially if I'm hosting again, it looks like end of October or beginning of November. Somebody shout out a good weekend and we'll go from there.

And does Sunday work for out of towners? Or we do it on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to allow for travel time?

Troublemaker. :-)

Looking at my schedule, specially if I'm hosting again, it looks like end of October or beginning of November. Somebody shout out a good weekend and we'll go from there.

And does Sunday work for out of towners? Or we do it on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to allow for travel time?

Actually Sunday works best for us. Jay is a college football FANATIC and is glued to the TV from the Friday night game to the end of the Saturday night games. But he can DVR the most important ones as this is more important than college football....learning and fellowship.

October 28/29 works for us
November 5th only right now but that could change
November 11/12 work for us

Thanks Darrell. So for everybody else, chime in on those days.

Let's target Sunday, Oct 29th

Sounds good to us. :clap:

Really looking forward to it. Will bring both the D90 and the A6000.

I'll put it on the calendar.

The last one was a lot of fun, if I was in town I would certainly attend this one to as I pick up something new every time we get together with other like minded folks.

Have Fun!

Don't change on my account, but I work on Sunday's now so I'll have to miss this one unless I can train (not-likely) someone in a couple weeks on what I do. y'all have fun and learn some new stuff!

For sure I'll try to process this as fast as possible and then head that way. Shoot, I might just come back later in the evening and do it.... hmmmm :ponder:

Okay, so what are we going to cover?

Macro and focus stacking?
Off camera lighting? multiple flashes
Lightroom image processing?
Printing?

those are just ideas I've had. Toss out something else we can do.

Oh, and what time to start? 9am work okay? Or earlier or later?

Oh, a few of other ideas

General workflow
Mobile workflow/strategies
Traveling with a camera MC or car, what to bring

Jay and I really would like to have the following--

Spend 30 minutes or so on using an auto camera in manual mode (I would like Jay to get some training on DOF and shutter speed) He's a novice and loves the A6000 w/old school lenses
General workflow + mobile workflow
Lightroom image processing
Macro (this is more for Jay than me)
Traveling and what to take

Honestly open to any topics, but since you tossed those out those are our $0.02

We will stay overnight close to the location (thank you Marriott for freebie nights) of the class so start time is not an issue for us.

We're either going to bring the D-90 and A6000 or just the A6000. We'll also bring a tripod and a flexible tripod.

All of the above sounds good. Especially focus stacking.

I’m up for anything.

Okay, I'm updating the first post with my address. PM me for cell phone number. I'll start a list of attendees too.

What we cover will be driven by the questions that folks ask and the discussion. I'm looking forward to it.

I've been having fun learning to print and also my post processing is getting better. Anyone interested in gathering for a group education and sharing session? Last one was in Austin and I can host again, depending on when. Or I can travel if someone has a place where 10 or so folks can gather.

September and early October are spotty for me, but I wanted to start the discussion now.

Update

Okay, date is Oct. 29th, start time, about 9am. A little earlier is fine, but this gives Jennifer a little more time to make it in from Thorndale.
8900 Brushygate CV.
Austin, 78717

IN
Darrell (drfood)
Jay
Kyle (Deco)

Maybe
Debbie (snoopster)
Scott (M38A1)
Jennifer (SweetPotatoFries)

I'm in, and GravelGuy may come to hang out and listen to us talk photography :-)

I am open to learning anything that the group is interested in. My interests right now are macro, off camera lighting, and Lightroom workflow.

Jennifer

Glad Mark my come along. He can entertain the dog and maybe Rainmaker if he tags along with Snoopster.

Oh, and new versions of Lightroom are out. I'll try to figure out the differences so we can discuss the advantages of each. And kick the tires of them.

I'll have umbrellas and a soft box too. Bring flashes if you have them so we can play with lighting.

If anybody is in town and and interested in a photo walk downtown Austin on Saturday night, let me know.

Back