• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Time for another educational gathering - Oct 29

Lightroom workflow may be a whole new bag of worms with the new release :lol2:

Just checking back in on this event. About to make petsitter reservations.

We have LR6 I believe installed on an older MacBook Pro. Will bring that.
I have LR for Android on my phone and tablet.

Going to bring our A6000 w/multiple vintage lenses and "macro rings".

And if anyone is in the market for a Nikon SB900 we've got a brand new one that we'd love to sell. Bought it and put batteries in it and then never could figure out how to work it. Way too complicated for our skill level. Anyway, if someone wants to buy it we can talk Sunday.

Rusty, can we bring anything like breakfast snacks?

Just checking back in on this event. About to make petsitter reservations.

We have LR6 I believe installed on an older MacBook Pro. Will bring that.
I have LR for Android on my phone and tablet.

Going to bring our A6000 w/multiple vintage lenses and "macro rings".

And if anyone is in the market for a Nikon SB900 we've got a brand new one that we'd love to sell. Bought it and put batteries in it and then never could figure out how to work it. Way too complicated for our skill level. Anyway, if someone wants to buy it we can talk Sunday.

Rusty, can we bring anything like breakfast snacks?

All that sounds good, specially the breakfast snacks. You said you are using Minolta lenses on your Sony. Hmm, we might want to play with an old Vivitar with a Minolta mount of my dad's I have around. And the bellows extension. By the time I get the lens in macro mode and on the bellows, the front element is almost touching the subject. Needs lots of light to shoot a small f-stop. I have a converter for my Canon body.

Okay, I'm figuring I'll do some Lightroom workflow camera to computer to web, then how mobile fits in. Then about the changes with the new version this week.

Then we do some hands on macro shooting, then importing and focus stacking.

After lunch, Scott should be there and we can do lighting. We may want to split up and do small object lighting and large subject lighting.

The whole thing will be driven by questions and people sharing how they do it. The idea being you at least pick up some new tricks during the day.

And I'll be glad to go out back and show people how I chase butterflies, if the weather permits.

We have 2 or 3 Minolta MC/MD lenses and a Vivitar w/Minolta mount. Plus a Canon vintage lens we bought in June in El Paso at Jerry Reed's. And the crappy Sony auto zoom lens we bought with the camera. Plus 2 "extension" rings from Amazon to "convert" standard lenses to macro.

Not sure we will bring the D-90 or not. It mostly sits and gathers dust now that we have the Sony mirrorless. It's not motorcycle friendly really.

Should we bring the Nikon speedlight?

We also plan to bring our full-size tripod and flexible leg tripod.

If we're overkilling things tell me so we can lighten the load on the bikes. :rider:

Other than Scott, I don't know of anybody shooting Nikon that will be there. So I wouldn't bother with the Nikon speedlight.

When are you getting in?

I'd love to attend one of these some day, but being that this is my wife's b-day weekend, this one isn't happening for me. :doh:

We're getting in late Saturday afternoon. Riding the bikes. Staying at SpringHill Suites in Round Rock. Have dinner plans with some friends who live in Hutto I think. I'm not the social planner in the family :nono:

Ok. Well I'll leave the speedlight at home. I'll need someone at some point in time to buy it to get if out of the inventory of unused toys and gadgets.

I second the "required" part re Scott. :clap::clap:

It seems there are a couple of options on donut shops in the area to get kolaches, breakfast tacos, and donuts. Will gather a few of those on the way Sunday morning. :eat::eat3:

Kory, what a perfect present for your wife's birthday. A photo shoot. :sun:

If you go to Round Rock donuts, go early. It is an attraction and draws a crowd.

If you go to Round Rock donuts, go early. It is an attraction and draws a crowd.

Nope Nope Nope. Not going there. Did that last time we attended a Learning event. Don't want to fight that mess. :rofl:

Okay, so what are we going to cover?

Macro and focus stacking?
Off camera lighting? multiple flashes
Lightroom image processing?
Printing?

those are just ideas I've had. Toss out something else we can do.

Is there a class for "Dummies"? :hail:All this is way over my head .... I barely know how to take pics in the Auto setting. Maybe Veronica or Jennifer can take me aside & give me pointers. My interests are taking pics of birds, butterflies and insects so maybe I'll be hanging around out back.:giveup:

I have my bike in Austin @ Cuznbob's & me attending will be contingent on my bike being ready.:pound: :pirate:

I would like to attend. Will bring my Canon gear and would like to bring my laptop to follow along some in LR. I am new to it and need help with workflow. Thanks.

Hey Debbie - just put your camera in "P" mode for "Professional".

Works. Every. Time. :photo: :-)

Great Doyle, glad you can make it. And yes Debbie, it is for all skills. You will learn something new.

Is there a class for "Dummies"? :hail:All this is way over my head .... I barely know how to take pics in the Auto setting. Maybe Veronica or Jennifer can take me aside & give me pointers. My interests are taking pics of birds, butterflies and insects so maybe I'll be hanging around out back.:giveup:

I have my bike in Austin @ Cuznbob's & me attending will be contingent on my bike being ready.:pound: :pirate:

Sounds fun, hope to see you there!

I have a 50mm macro rig w/extension tubes I'll throw in the bag. I also have a couple of Speed Lights w/triggers with an umbrella and reflectors I'll bring in case they are needed. A tripod with a gimbal mount if anybody birders want to try it out. (Rusty please supply the birds in flight. The larger and slower the better :-P)

We are going to have to back out of coming. I came down with some bug Friday afternoon and it's kicking my butt. This is twice in a month I've gotten the same crap.

I don't want to get anyone else sick so it's safer we not come.

Sorry for the somewhat least minute notice, but I know y'all understand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

We are going to have to back out of coming. I came down with some bug Friday afternoon and it's kicking my butt. This is twice in a month I've gotten the same crap.

I don't want to get anyone else sick so it's safer we not come.

Sorry for the somewhat least minute notice, but I know y'all understand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better quickly. The shame is that I switched my bikes around so the GSA was easy to get to. I was going to tempt you by offering a ride. :-)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better quickly. The shame is that I switched my bikes around so the GSA was easy to get to. I was going to tempt you by offering a ride. :-)
You're a bad man. You know i would have jumped at the opportunity. And then i would have been tempted to buy one. [emoji16]

Thanks for thinking of me. I'll get the opportunity again hopefully.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back