• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Time for another educational gathering - Oct 29

Rusty, Thank you so much for hosting the educational gathering today! I always learn so much from listening to the conversations, testing ideas, and the "workshops". The lightroom info was super helpful as I explore different editing functions.

Thanks for sharing the Instagram plugin.

Jennifer

Just remember a couple of LR develop details I never looped back to explain, but I think it was for Doyle, so I'll hit him up separately.

Here are a couple of the shots from the backyard. First is after we started to split up and I was showing Debbie some handheld, off camera flash stuff.

i-2B92cb7-XL.jpg

Second shot Doyle took. I was showing my HDR (bracketing settings). So three shots, merged in Lightroom.

i-JfRRHf7-XL.jpg

Basically everything I shot was experimental. A lot more of the flowers like the previous one.

Thanks everybody for a great day. I learned some tricks I intend to try out this week. Always good to get with a good group and share ideas and knowledge.

Thanks Rusty for opening up your home.

Thanks Rusty & Miss V for a wonderful afternoon. Sorry I couldn't have arrived sooner, but what little time I was there was a great time. Pleasure meeting some new folks and always good to see friendly faces.

Sounds like we missed an excellent learning event. Sorry we couldn't make it. I was finally able to get out of bed for an extended period on Sunday around noon.

We shall shoot for the next event.

Sounds like we missed an excellent learning event. Sorry we couldn't make it. I was finally able to get out of bed for an extended period on Sunday around noon.

We shall shoot for the next event.

Sorry you couldn't make it, but glad you are up and moving around.

Rusty thanks so much to you and your wife for hosting this. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning more about photography, post processing, and printing. The only bad news is it was expensive for me - and my wife may make me sign a contract before attending another in the future......

.....My printer will arrive today and Spyder monitor calibration tomorrow!

That’s funny. Save your pennies for the ink. ��

Rusty thanks so much to you and your wife for hosting this. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning more about photography, post processing, and printing. The only bad news is it was expensive for me - and my wife may make me sign a contract before attending another in the future......

.....My printer will arrive today and Spyder monitor calibration tomorrow!

I'm happy to come help you go through the calibration steps and show you exactly how to get consistent prints.

It could be worse. You could have ordered that 100-400 lens...or a new camera.

Actually save your pennies for frames. Ink is cheap and Canon paper is free if you time it right and get ink straight from Canon.. Frames cost real money. Michael's and Hobby Lobby...50% off.

Oh, I forgot to mention a Lightroom alternative. This is a standalone software package, but works as a plugin to LR and Photoshop. They are going to add some file management like Lightroom has. If you don't already use Smugmug, the pre-release of the next version is a nice deal. Saves you $10 and has a free year of Smugmug. Plus presets and stuff. Here's an article about it. I have the current version and ordered the upgrade. Luminar from Macphun. And yes, there are Windows and Mac versions. They are changing the company name away from Macphun.

https://petapixel.com/2017/11/01/macphun-unveils-luminar-2018-take-adobe-lightroom/

I do like it. Just don't like having to manage file and changes myself. So the FM part that will ship later should be nice. This is much cheaper than an Adobe Subscription for CC. And a very easy to use program.

Think I'll give it another year to let the bugs be sorted out as did for LR years ago. Really been using Faststone as my go to image viewer as it shows my RAW stuff also. Has a bit of post production in it and Free. If I want more then to LR 6 I go, but sad that's no more upgrading on it.

Back