• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire Change While I Waited...

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
I have got to give a major shout out to these guys. My bud Synthlegend turned me on to them. I brought in my wheel and new tire and they did the deed in less then an hour. If you are in the Houston area and dread the pain in your hands like I do after changing a stiff carcass tire go see these guys. VERY polite and even offered me a bottle of water while I waited. I'd tell you how little it cost me but you WON'T believe me.
Redline Powersports - 8001 McHard Rd, Ste 4, Houston, Texas 77053

The secret to these new stiffer walled tires is LOTS of good lube.

That is great though that you have a decent shop nearby that does the work for a reasonable price. It kills me that dealers expect us to pay full retail for a tire and then want us to pay another hour of labor per tire (usually). Tire changes on my GS would be setting me back close to $500!! In fact, when I was negotiating with Mancuso for a 2018 GS, that is exactly what they wanted to mount a set of TKC 80s on a brand new bike without giving me credit on the sale price for the new set of tires they would be removing. This might be why they had so many left over 2017 and 2018 models sitting on the floor :doh:

Scott, at that price it would bookoo behoove you to visit them.

Scott, at that price it would bookoo behoove you to visit them.

I did my rear tire last night for free :-P

I tried to take my assistant out for dinner afterward, but his wife came home and they had other plans. Sometimes I will take both out for dinner afterward, especially if we do both tires. It only takes us about 10-15 minutes to do both tires, but then we spend forever hanging out in the driveway visiting :mrgreen:

Nuff said...[emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's good to have a place close by who can do the job fairly. I gave up years ago trying to find someone like this. I now do my tires in hot weather (leaving the stiff tire out in the heat). Invested in some good tire changing tools, and a gallon jug of tire lube. I also make sure the wife is out of hearing distance.

The Yamaha Tire Lube in a spray can has to be the slipperiest stuff I have ever used... Not convenient to carry around on the bike, but for changes in the garage that stuff is amazing!

I have had the same can for maybe 8-9 years, possibly longer... :ponder:

When I visit my bud here in town to do changes, we just use soap and water, but with his Coats machine, that is all that is needed.

The secret to these new stiffer walled tires is LOTS of good lube.

That is great though that you have a decent shop nearby that does the work for a reasonable price. It kills me that dealers expect us to pay full retail for a tire and then want us to pay another hour of labor per tire (usually). Tire changes on my GS would be setting me back close to $500!! In fact, when I was negotiating with Mancuso for a 2018 GS, that is exactly what they wanted to mount a set of TKC 80s on a brand new bike without giving me credit on the sale price for the new set of tires they would be removing. This might be why they had so many left over 2017 and 2018 models sitting on the floor :doh:
Agreed.
I brought this up awhile back and got scolded pretty good.
Probably by the guys that work at dealerships. :)
It's good to hear about this place, unfortunately I'm nowhere near Houston or they'd have my money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back