• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire mounting tools

kenray

Reaction score
The last couple of days I've been trying to mount a Kenda tire. Was having no luck. One tube ruined. I've been mounting my tires for longer then I care to remember. Decided maybe I needed some newer tools. Went on Amazon and bought a set of Pivotrax tire irons and a Bead Buddy along with a new tube. Within 30 minutes after arrival tire was mounted. The Pivotrax irons work like a miracle. The Bead Buddy is like another set of hands. If you are looking for such items these are highly recommended. Ken in Katy

I have had good luck fixing tires on the trail by using a little WD40/ vasoline to get the last bit of tire onšŸ˜€

As long as I've been doing this just the last time picked up some tire soap, messy but it sure did help. And setting the bead was a breeze even with my small compressor.
Is there anything not messy about changing tires!?!? LOL

Back