• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire recommendations for a DRZ400S

@FWdualsportrider. We are now a month away from the Big Bend trip and I have yet to sort out my tire situation. I have decided to go the Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross AX41. Now comes the part where I need to order the right size... I only see one front in a 21 for a tube setup - 90/90-21 M/C 54Q TL. There are quite a few 18s so I need some assistance on which to order. Here is a link to the Bridgestone page - ax41 LINK Next question is around rim locks or going with a Tubliss setup. I have zero experience here and appreciate the help.
My advice would be to order the OEM size unless you have a reason to run something different.

As far as tubes with a rim lock or tubeliss, a Tubeliss system is about $100 per wheel and has a bit of a learning curve to install and use. I have them amd they work well, but a standard heavy duty tube is far more common and easier to get assistance with or replacement if in Big Bend. I'd go with tubes and standard rim locks.

@FWdualsportrider. We are now a month away from the Big Bend trip and I have yet to sort out my tire situation. I have decided to go the Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross AX41. Now comes the part where I need to order the right size... I only see one front in a 21 for a tube setup - 90/90-21 M/C 54Q TL. There are quite a few 18s so I need some assistance on which to order. Here is a link to the Bridgestone page - ax41 LINK Next question is around rim locks or going with a Tubliss setup. I have zero experience here and appreciate the help.
Yes, thats the front I purchased. As for the rear, you might consider the 130/80 instead of the 120/90 which I bought. Personal preference, but I like a wider tire. The 120 is skinnier than the 130. Just make sure it will fit. As for the rims, I dont have either but I would pick the rim locks in lieu of the tubliss. I prefer having heavy duty tubes.

Back