• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire Selection Southern half CDR

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Hines
Completed the north part of the CDR Anake Adventure rear Wild on Front. Tires did great except for milage on the front. On the Front Anake Wild tire was shot at 3500 miles. First 2500 was on street getting to Canada. Im headed back to Rawlins to do the southern part of the ride and would like to make a better tire decision. I plan to run knobs on front and back this go around due to the deeper sand conditions as I go south. Problem is I have 1000 mile to get there and back 1800 miles on the trail. Considering Shinko 805 /804. Anake wild front and back, Motoz Rallz (Requires midpoint replacement) Mitas E07 or E10. Also considering taking spare tires and changing along the route. Finding a tire replacement along the route was a **** I do not want to repeat. Cost me 3 days of riding. Your opinions are appreciated. Highly likely I will go with 804/805 and change as required. not thrilled about taking tires for the ride. :) Bike is V85TT I'm doing this Solo.

Attachments

• 45AC51E1-ED7B-4686-B20C-675ABF2B1E5B.JPG
    45AC51E1-ED7B-4686-B20C-675ABF2B1E5B.JPG
    489.2 KB · Views: 136
Back