• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Today is my last day to be young :(

Well if it makes you feel better.... I just found a bunch of my high-school classmates in Facebook and realized that in july it will be 20years since I graduated from HS... :eek2:

You must have graduated high school at age 10, then... :zen:

thanks for all the "happy birthday" comments
we spent the weekend at my father-in-laws beach house down in Galveston, and had some friends and family come down.
it was a good birthday and didn't really bother me at all, I feel like I'm just starting to get into my stride

oh and had a cool "birthday present" my sis got engaged this weekend. her BF asked my parents permission this weekend and then asked her later that night after a nice dinner on a walk on the beach

oh and had a cool "birthday present" my sis got engaged this weekend. her BF asked my parents permission this weekend and then asked her later that night after a nice dinner on a walk on the beach

:thumb:

A quote from the 60s: "Don't trust anyone over 30" :shrug:

Happy BD!

I'm five years shy of being twice your age. To me, 30 is very young, and I would say the best years of my life were between 35 and 45. Since then it has been downhill. I need to get back on the bicycle, but the ninja is way more fun.

Anyway, you're only young once, but you can be immature all your life! A friend of mine says that you are only as young as the woman you feel, which I suppose could be true, too.

Happy BD. It is mostly how young you think you feel and attitude; I just wish my body wouldn't show so much attitude.

One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received came in the form of a question, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"

I've met old-before-their-time 20 year-olds and youthful, energetic octagenarians. I often re-ask myself the question when I feel I am behaving too immaturely or, on very rare occasion, too maturely...

Age is a state of mind.

I ain't seen no good reason to grow up yet! :rider: :flip:

Your 30s decade sure didn't last as long as you thought it would... did it... :nana: :lol2:

So today is my last day of being young, of being able to say, "I'm in my 20's"

Tomorrow I crest the hill and turn 30
:tears:

I'll double that +3
- Happy BD, enjoy and don't put things off that you want to do until later, time seems to go faster as the years come up and later can end up being to late.

Just so you guys know, this is an OLD thread, from almost eleven years ago. I just bumped it so I could harass Poser :-P

He’s still alive? At his age??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just so you guys know, this is an OLD thread, from almost eleven years ago. I just bumped it so I could harass Poser :-P

One of the things that happens as you get older - you sometimes don't notice things like that :doh:

35 is my number. I enjoyed it so much that I am having my second 35
in April
Who knows, I might even be able to do it a third time??????????????

Never knew 30 was old. Funny that the OP is now over 40.
Even when I was younger (like my teens) I didn't think you were old till like age 50 or 60.
Now that I am less than half a year from 50, it also does not seem that old.
While I don't feel I am old, I know I can't do things like I used to. I just say I am not as young as I used to be, I am not old.

I still remember the day I realized I was not young anymore.
I was 33 and was up on my roof doing something (I think putting up Christmas lights). I used a 6 foot A frame ladder to get up.
When I went to get down, I could not feel the ladder with my foot, and could not look down and step down at the same time. I was stuck.
When I was younger, I jumped off roofs all the time and did not think twice about it.
Now, I am sitting on a roof trying to decide if I should jump down in the front or back.
If I jumped in the front and got hurt, someone would see me and call for help, or should I jump in the back so if I get hurt, nobody will see me.
I jumped off in the back, and did not get hurt, but did go to Home Depot and got a new, taller ladder.

Never knew 30 was old. Funny that the OP is now over 40.
Even when I was younger (like my teens) I didn't think you were old till like age 50 or 60.
Now that I am less than half a year from 50, it also does not seem that old.
While I don't feel I am old, I know I can't do things like I used to. I just say I am not as young as I used to be, I am not old.

I still remember the day I realized I was not young anymore.
I was 33 and was up on my roof doing something (I think putting up Christmas lights). I used a 6 foot A frame ladder to get up.
When I went to get down, I could not feel the ladder with my foot, and could not look down and step down at the same time. I was stuck.
When I was younger, I jumped off roofs all the time and did not think twice about it.
Now, I am sitting on a roof trying to decide if I should jump down in the front or back.
If I jumped in the front and got hurt, someone would see me and call for help, or should I jump in the back so if I get hurt, nobody will see me.
I jumped off in the back, and did not get hurt, but did go to Home Depot and got a new, taller ladder.

Bad news... 50 > 60 is a quantum leap, especially if you have a major motorcycle accident along the way

Gee 50 years of riding, 43 since i graduated. Gave up thinking old 40 years ago because
I'm a toys r us kid and i dont wanna grow up

Funny that Poser still hasn't commented on this thread. Maybe his eyes can't handle looking at the computer screen anymore? :-P

This old thread revived is funny. When I first saw it I thought this was my last year to be young as I'll be turning 50 in November. Then I read he was 29 and 364/365ths. Pppfffttt. There was a time when I did think 30 was old but then I grew up. I work with people half my age that look up to me and ask for help (onacounta I have more experience). Being young has its benefits, like healing faster, but also has its drawbacks. I like my age. I like people my age. We make fun of millennials who rightly need to be made fun of.

So today is my last day of being young, of being able to say, "I'm in my 20's"

Tomorrow I crest the hill and turn 30 :tears:
Am I the only one that read this and thought #***#@^*&#^&@#&^%(% JUST WAIT! lol

I'll never forget how I felt the first time some college aid kid called me sir... :eek2:

I was all confused and looking around trying to figure out who he was talking too... I probably looked like the senile old man he thought I was... :doh:

I was only in my 30s at the time!! :argh:

Back