• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Today was the first day....

Tuco

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
I've been riding for 46 years. Today was the first day that I forgot to put the kickstand down. My left forearm got pinned to a workbench (it's a mobile bench but very heavy and doesn't move without considerable effort) and had it not been for the mirror catching the brunt of the fall, I might have broken my arm. The 1200 GS mirror snapped off cleanly. Forearm is badly bruised and swollen but will recover.

I got into this near disaster because I was thinking about something else at the time. So the obvious moral of my story is never take any thing for granted (my habitual kickstand put down) and keep the brain focused.

Better a workbench than another bike...

I hope it heals quickly!

Or the ground as my Bandit did yesterday due to pretty much the same thing. Forgetting side stand up. ;-)

Glad you are ok. I think all of us have tipped one a time or two when not thinking about the right stuff.

Back