• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Today's Tom Sawyer

It's just a funny gimmick to replace the walls of amplifiers that, thanks to modern tech, are no longer needed to perform a large-scale concert. One year it was a row of chicken rotisseries. In both cases, a roadie would come onstage and either baste the chickens or gather the laundry. Gotta love Rush. I'm sad it's over, but I completely understand why.

Actually they had mics on the dryers and could use them if they wanted. Not sure if they ever did. It is a gimmick, but a functional one.

Shania Twain I can understand ...
but Neil Peart????

Pretty sure Neil never presented himself as something to look at and lust over.
Shania does, and thankfully she has the megatalent to back it up. Not just a purty face.

Love these short clips on Rush from Jack Black

That R30 clip was great...worn that CD out

Nice rainbow sticker .... Lord knows rainbows have many meanings these days. Rush - Queen - Judas Priest. Rock on.

Doug, you are suspended!!

But thanks for staritng a great thread and bringing out some true RUSH fans. What other band could play live like that, cook chicken or do laundry at the same time!

Even people who don't necessarily appreciate the sound they made, can't deny what tremendous musicians these guys are. All three were at the top of their game for decades. They were never just some 70's nostalgia act. They were constantly making great new music. There are maybe two other drummers who I can think of who are even in Neil Peart's universe. He wrote all but three (I believe) of the band's songs since joining them after their first album. And as mentioned he's a brilliant author of several books and enthusiastic motorcyclist.

Drew, that clip from the R30 tour is one of my favorites. They killed it.

Excellent!

Doug, you are suspended!!

But thanks for staritng a great thread and bringing out some true RUSH fans. What other band could play live like that, cook chicken or do laundry at the same time!

Even people who don't necessarily appreciate the sound they made, can't deny what tremendous musicians these guys are. All three were at the top of their game for decades. They were never just some 70's nostalgia act. They were constantly making great new music. There are maybe two other drummers who I can think of who are even in Neil Peart's universe. He wrote all but three (I believe) of the band's songs since joining them after their first album. And as mentioned he's a brilliant author of several books and enthusiastic motorcyclist.

Drew, that clip from the R30 tour is one of my favorites. They killed it.

Excellent!

Ron, weren’t you the original 4th member of the band?

Drew, a couple of important points, first I never listen to Rush as I don't really like their music, second I really don't know who the guy is and that song you just linked to was why.
What what??? I saw Rush for the Moving Pictures Tour. Neil easily did a 15-20min drum solo. Now when they play in the car, my wife asks who the woman is that is singing. Neil's book blew though. I tried to like it but could not. I guess it is tough to be a writer when you are a world class drummer and cycle rider.

Back