• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tongue 'n Cheek 200x200 - Spring 2015

Reaction score
At the back of the pack and out of the dust
Okay, spurred on by the banter on the Big Bend and Safety thread I here by throw down the gauntlet, or motocross glove as it were, at the feet of the T-Dub Cartel and propose a Big Bend ride for motorcycles under 200cc. This will be a two day battle royale over 200 miles of West Texas desert (maybe all on the same day) to finally prove if fat tires are better than skinny. So let's pick a date and have a good time.

Dang , I knew I should have kept the ktm 200. :(

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Okay, spurred on by the banter on the Big Bend and Safety thread I here by throw down the gauntlet, or motocross glove as it were, at the feet of the T-Dub Cartel and propose a Big Bend ride for motorcycles under 200cc. This will be a two day battle royale over 200 miles of West Texas desert (maybe all on the same day) to finally prove if fat tires are better than skinny. So let's pick a date and have a good time.

What if a bike won that had neither fat nor skinny tires? I might get this guy running to join ya'll. It would be the mother bear bike, tires not too fat, not too skinny, just right. Only 70cc so meets your engine size req't.

2014-06-24%2016.47.06_zpsj90hukmp.jpg

_

I'm in. :trust: Y'all can go ahead and put your tails between your legs in advance, might as well save yourselves some embarrassment and dignity while you're ahead. :rofl: :nana:

Last edited:
Good Lord help me. As soon as Traveldiva see's this she's gonna be wanting to do it...:pray:

So what are you going to ride? Maybe one of my TW200's?

200 miles in a day? Piece of cake.

Robert

:ponder: Hmmm ... I got's one of them TW's here now. Never been to Big Bend. Well, I've been to Big Bend in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, but that's another story.........

Q wants to play! Richard, give us a head start so we have a few miles - like 150 or so - before you dust us.

Last years Desert Challenge was 198 miles. Gas stop halfway!

Just sayin.

I'll be riding the pride of the Guatemalan Highway Patrol the DR200, also known as a Stromlet when ridden off road.

Now to the details... anybody have any suggestions on dates? Maybe a Jeep to sweep? Do we want to work with the Desert Challenge?

Silverbullet, You should definitely do the ride on that CT-70. It would be such a different and fun adventure on that little bike. For me it would be a return to my earliest days of two wheeled bliss. I'm sure I would soon be riding along completely captivated in my own little world, just like when I was a young boy rolling down the trail mesmerized by the magic of motor powered two wheel motivation. Day dreaming my way through the obstacles & puttering along through the sand at that blistering CT-70 pace. :rider: Hey if you don't ride it...can I?:trust:

Woot! I just picked up a beautiful like-new TDub on Monday (2011 with 200 miles) so that's my passport!

I've never ridden Big Bend, just driven a cage out to the area on family vacations. What balance of on road/off road will this adventure see?

Woot! I just picked up a beautiful like-new TDub on Monday (2011 with 200 miles) so that's my passport!

I've never ridden Big Bend, just driven a cage out to the area on family vacations. What balance of on road/off road will this adventure see?

Technically it's all going to be on road, but that is using the Big Bend definition of "road"

We'll probably be doing the Maverick to River Road to Old Ore route. The amount of pavement will be as small as possible, though.

Technically it's all going to be on road, but that is using the Big Bend definition of "road"

We'll probably be doing the Maverick to River Road to Old Ore route. The amount of pavement will be as small as possible, though.
Love it. Count me in as highly interested.

Need dates, lol, I have to pick vacation days soon.

Does the route require a (driver) license for any of it? I'm licensed, but thinking about bringing my 13 yo if I can find him a <200cc bike to ride.

Any objection to bringing kids? He's manages his CRF250R just fine on the track. Plus, he's my mechanic! :trust:

Back