• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top 50 BBQ Tour

That's what happens. I went to Snow's right after they were named #1 a few lists back, and there wasn't much left after 10am. I leaned that they do a set aside of up to 30% of their product if you call ahead, starting Monday, for the following Saturday.
Yeah, Snow's waiting line sold out by 8am some Saturdays. I got there at sunrise one frosty Sat and Toots already had a line. Shivering and eating BBQ for breakfast. Pack a couple briskets in the saddlebags and head home.

My last visit to Snow’s was before the Scamdemic and it wasn’t too bad, linewise. But a college buddy made the trip when they reopened and the lines were horrible. Still if you want to try it, it’s the price you pay.

Snow's menu posted last 04/2021, snagged off TripAdvisor...
Gotta be higher than that now.
1651599543635.png

My last visit to Snow’s was before the Scamdemic and it wasn’t too bad, linewise. But a college buddy made the trip when they reopened and the lines were horrible. Still if you want to try it, it’s the price you pay.

Or, pre order earlier in the week, and show up when you want to, within reason.

Is that only for bulk orders like a whole brisket, or can you order individual portions?

You'd have to call them to find out. The one time I went there, after they ran out of everything with about 20 people in line, (behind me...), I noticed that they still had meat resting in the pit. I asked about it, and was told they reserve 30% or so for call ahead orders. I think, if you read the TM article linked in the first post, there are other places that do the same.

4.5 hours in line? Idiots.
Clearly it was worth it to some people. And many of these people think riding motorcycles is for idiots. I don’t judge. Everyone has different priorities. I only know if they’re standing in line, they’re not driving slowly through the twisties. So I’m good with that.

I go to Thorndale Meat Market Friday two meat plate plus two sides last week was 12 dollars. Hardly ever a line at 11 or 1 .Probably Snows up the road is better but I don't stand in line to eat since the 6th grade, :) I think sandwiches are now 12 bucks but they pile it on. I like Bretts BBQ in Rockdale we hade a ride with a side to it.
1651975423636.png

Too early to get results. If he wins I will post. Think it is a Primary with no Dem. opposition.

City of Rockdale - Mayor Milam

John E. King00%
Brett Boren0
Brett is running for mayor of Rockdale. Vote was today

Rockdale

Brett’s Backyard Bar-B-Que​

OPENED:2018
PITMASTER:Brett Boren, 39; Braden Wallis, 22
METHOD:Oak; offset smoker and direct-heat pit
PRO TIP:Don’t miss the Nutter Butter banana pudding and strawberry cobbler.

Last edited:
I will let you all know if there is a party for the new Top 50 BBQ Mayor of Rockdale. Brett is cool, I like him.

City of Rockdale - MayorMilam​

Brett Boren27152%
John E. King25148%

Clearly it was worth it to some people. And many of these people think riding motorcycles is for idiots. I don’t judge. Everyone has different priorities. I only know if they’re standing in line, they’re not driving slowly through the twisties. So I’m good with that.

Fair enough.

Ate at Thorndale Meat Market today. I have never eaten a BBQ sandwich with this much meat. I got the lean. Think it was 12 or 13 dollars. I love the beans too.
11-16-22.jpg

As usual none of the top BBQ joints are listed , they didn’t buy a 1500 dollar ad in the rag so they weren’t mentioned , long ago I figured out that rag and discarded it as a joke . Good BBQ joints don’t need the publicity , they already have it .

Back