• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top 50 Burgers in Texas

Pretty quickly decided the TM folks were looking for your basic bread and patty type burggy. No fancy stuff. Just good stuff. Good? Yes. Boring? Entirely!

And that's the problem with these types of ratings. Me? I'd prefer to just have a really good burger and not see the ratings based on who can make the most Mr. FancyPants burger. :rofl:

"Heisenburger"?

I'm not certain about that one...

The Longhorn Saloon in Brenham makes a good burger, as does Joe's Place in Fayetteville.

Didn't see Clown Burger, Haltom, TX

How come I never see prime chuck in the store?
I still like a Herd burger in Jacksboro.

I read the list. I can't imagine anyone makes a burger better than Jack Ryan's (no relation to the Tom Clancy character) right here in Kilgore, I should point out, though, that I've only been eating burgers for less than seven decades so my experience is limited.:rofl:

Had a great burger at the East Texas Burger Company in Mineola yesterday, along with coconut pie. ETBC made not have made the list, but darn good eats :eat: Plus I filled up my RT with non-ethanol gas from just around the corner :bigokay:

Green Pickle in Glen Rose makes a mean bacon cheeseburger.
Chase it with a slice a granny's chocolate meringue pie ...

The measure of a good burger is how wet the butcher paper is when you take the last bite.

SL350 and I tried Liberty Burger joint on Forest Ave. in Dallas today. Food looks great and tastes good. But I wouldn't put it in my top 50. Of course tastes varies by person so like i say presentation and size are very good.

Texas Burger Palace at 5757 Ranchester Dr #1700, Houston, TX used to be a really good place, but I haven't been there in over 20 years. They're still in business, so they must still be pretty good.

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack at 5230 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX is long known for their great burgers.

I think someone already mentioned Lankford's Grocery & Market 88 Dennis St, Houston, TX. I've never been, but the Houston TWT Tuesday breakfast is there some weeks. It's cash only.

I've heard good things about Stanton's City Bites 1420 Edwards St, Houston, TX. Mish Mish on here said she wants to try it out.

Used to go to Roznovsky's Hamburgers 3401 W T C Jester Blvd, Houston, TX weekly back in the '90s and they had really good burgers with the freshest condiments. Haven't been there in years and the interwebz says they're permanently closed.

Guy's Meat Market 3106 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX used to serve a limited amount of burgers starting around 11:30 Monday - Friday. The line was usually out the door and if you got there after 12:00, you probably weren't going to get one. It's looks like they've remodeled and do regular BBQ meals there as well now. They're open 9:30 - 5:30 so I guess the noon rush is no longer an issue.

Miller's Cafe is one of the regular stops in rotation for the Wednesday Clear Lake Bike Night. Burgers done very well most any way you can imagine. They have 4 locations around Houston; we go to the one at Space Center and Bay Area Blvd. Very similar to Texas Burger Palace. http://www.millerscafehouston.com/locations.html

There's always the higher end chains - Beck's Prime, Smash Burger, Five Guys, Red Robin, and there's at least one Prince's still in business off the Katy Freeway between Dairy Ashford and Kirkwood on the south side. Prince's was THE Houston drive-in burger stand back in the '50s & '60s. http://www.princeshamburgers.com/?page=history

I'm sure there are a lot more around the Houston area I'm not familiar with, but always ready for a good burger - probably should have been named Wimpy.
wimpy.-King-Features1.jpg

Last edited:
The original Miller on Shepherd was around the corner from my office in the 90s so I ate there often. I hope the one in Clear Lake is as good. Roznovsky's got some traffic from the office because one of my colleagues was a tea sipper.

We went to Bernie Burger Bus on Bellaire last week. They had a good shake and the sweet potato tots were a pleasant surprise. I had a couple of different theme burger sliders that came apart as soon as the plate hit the table and both turned out to be dressed with things that shouldn't come on a burger. Very good service. We'll go again and try something else.

I wonder if Kincade's Grocery is still in operation in Cowtown.

TX Burger was surprisingly good in Rockdale yesterday. Their sign days Nolan Ryan Beef. Wonder the affiliation.

Alexander Burger Co. (a little red cook trailer w/interesting sittin' space alongside) right on TX204 in Cushing makes a pretty good burger. A Swiss & grilled onion Tim's Double CB is 2 meals for me. Nice fat fries, too, if the burger's not enough.

There's a camper behind the cook trailer and a little stockade-y fence; dunno if Tim lives there, or what. He used to have Sacul Store/Cafe but sold out some years ago.

Roznovsky's got some traffic from the office because one of my colleagues was a tea sipper.

We used to go about once a week because one of salesmen was a big Aggie fan and he would always pay.

Haven't been to any of the other locations, but the Miller's in Clear Lake is really good. I've never walked out of there hungry.

So, a regular old burger to go with all the fixings, Friday/Saturday night at Vernon's BBQ here in Conroe on 105, then over to Copperhead Brewery for suds on the side. It's generally about the experience, unless you get some monstrosity that is almost too hard to eat while drinking a beer.

Yep, that's the one. Haven't been there in a while, not since we moved. It used to be a fairly regular staple for us though.

University Burger on the square in Georgetown is worth checking out, 1" thick patties, big toasted buns, dress it yourself, a small fry will feed four slender people, get the large for big guys, about $10 a person with drink.

I will pipe in with my favorites.
1st and 10 Sportsbar on Abrams and Mockingbird.
JG's burgers on Greenville near I635
Burger Street
Grub Burgers Greenville near University
Varsity Grill Abrams and Forest ln. Lake Highlands

So, a regular old burger to go with all the fixings, Friday/Saturday night at Vernon's BBQ here in Conroe on 105, then over to Copperhead Brewery for suds on the side. It's generally about the experience, unless you get some monstrosity that is almost too hard to eat while drinking a beer.

That would make a nice ride from here . . . . . if t'wern't a Hunnerd d'grees Eff!

C'mon R A I N !!!
:hail::hail::hail:

Last edited:
No mention of Burger Box yet? It's been a while for me.

Back