• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top Of The World - Terlingua Ranch Need Track or GPS Lat/Lon

Reaction score
I have property on the ranch and have been to the Top of The World only once.

I want to find it again and any help with track or GPS Lat/Long or pic of map location would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
BR

Don't have gps stuff but it's the far northwest corner , when you see the rock tower follow the road up behind it .

The rock tower is visible from the top of the world. If you get out by the small rock cabin built by a scientist that worked at Guadalupe National (or so I heard), then you're getting into the general neighborhood. There's a lot of side roads and such that peter out pretty quickly (usually), but not that many "main" roads, so if you know the necessities (flat repair, water, plenty of fuel, water, right clothes, water, etc) to take, then take an afternoon and go explore. There are some decent maps around of the area. Take plenty of water!

When you see the old house trailer you know your on the right path , it must have cost a bundle to put that house trailer out there with a helicopter , I don't see how they couple have possibly towed it back there .

Put a pin on google earth and right click on the pin, can get lat/long. However, to use in your GPS, you're going to have to divide the seconds by 60 to get minutes to 3 decimals. Ain't hard, did it all duck season with google earth map info in a duck hunting club to find my hunting spots, worked great. :D Weren't any ducks all season, but that's another story. :rolleyes:

Been there many times.

20151230_143244-XL.jpg

What is the real name of the place because no one has recorded where top of the world is.

What is the real name of the place because no one has recorded where top of the world is.

I think the real name of the place is something like "dead end unnamed road just past the intersection of that other unnamed road". Or something like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there but wasn’t really impressed , I was hoping to see the Soletaro from there but the hills to the west block the view , awesome to the north and east though . Really awesome flying over it looking down

Back