• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2021

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
2021 Schedule REVISED 11/29 at 11:50am, had to change the May date.
1/23
2/20
3/20
4/17
5/22
6/12
9/11
10/9
11/6
12/4
1/1 tag team

Last edited:
I am going to do my best to run a few this year
I say that every year, lol. Since turning 60 (that's when I started TORCS) I've done the whole season 4 x's(2 class championships and 2 runner-ups). Otherwise only a handful, from 2 to 5 or 6. This year I didn't fare well, went to first one at Geortz with full intention of running the year. I was on a new TC250 (no e-start), that was the day it misted all night! That clay was slicker than a baby's bottom. Anyway, I completed my site lap, but was really nervous if I fell or stalled on one of those slick 1 line hills I'd be in world of trouble with my bad knee trying to get in position to kick it. I bailed, then work started making me work on Sunday, that was end of that. I'm pondering now if I'm retaining my number or not. Unless I quit, my work schedule won't change. If I take a Sunday off the kid that takes my place would have to work 13 days in a row. He works a 6 day week, I guess he would do it but hate asking.

Sorry for the sad, long story, lol. Bored at work now. It's slow today.

Schedule in 1st post has been revised for May date. FYI

4603f1cb971e256a0dcda13e1a6eb15c (1).jpg

Today has been a "no mojo" day. Just bummed about the loss of riding areas and 4-6 hour drives to play a little. Actually contemplated selling my totally rebuilt bike today. Would be the world's best dbl decade bike for someone. Every time I plan a ride something happens for 10 months now. Just watched a couple Powell Ranch videos and wondering if I really want to. And if I watch the news the "bummed" is magnified. Avoiding that as much as possible. I just don't know. You got any cheese?

Sadly I'm right there with you for different reasons. I could sell and move on I think, not sure yet. The GS stays for a while, I love it and that kind of riding. On the adv bike going alone is not bad, even enjoyable. Plus just get on the bike at home and go. For trail riding, it's more fun with a small group. Getting hard to find. Guess there's a reason not many our age still ride and race. I enjoy riding with certain folks and it seems it doesn't go both ways, lol! And as you know C-land is hard to break the code!

There's your cheese.

Now back to TORCS instead of us old men whining!

If I can get 1 Sunday a month off I'll come back. Will work on that.

:thumb: Was that the one time only location? Shame we don't have some closer spots. But Gil has told me it is very hard to get the "Austin" crew to come very far east. We have two expired golf courses that would make excellent sites.

:thumb: Was that the one time only location? Shame we don't have some closer spots. But Gil has told me it is very hard to get the "Austin" crew to come very far east. We have two expired golf courses that would make excellent sites.
Yes sir, sure that land around there has a lot better financial usage. It was right on the interstate.

It's a shame those guys won't come this way, although most come they whine about it. If I played the lottery and won I'd start a Houston/Beaumont series!! Not sure why TRH doesn't do anything anymore, burned out I guess. And land in this area is awfully hard to come by.

From about Kirbyville TX north to about Center and over to Huntsville is a triangle of varying topography very well suited to HS. Totally untapped and would make a great series. Further east you go the land has real variance in elevation that would make for awesome racing.

From about Kirbyville TX north to about Center and over to Huntsville is a triangle of varying topography very well suited to HS. Totally untapped and would make a great series. Further east you go the land has real variance in elevation that would make for awesome racing.
I just wish! lol

Tried to join online, 404 Server Error. Completed the online question form, broken link....,emailed Gil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to join online, 404 Server Error. Completed the online question form, broken link....,emailed Gil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my experience, in person is the best way to do anything entry or membership related.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Training is in full swing. Hopefully I can get a moto in before round 1. Thomas Sell is fast.
1d8e064d7422c472ee6d3324cedbf415.jpg

From my experience, in person is the best way to do anything entry or membership related.

When I did my online membership couple of weeks ago it was working! Not really sure why I entered but never know, keep my # this way.

Back