• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2021

240593329_4646479825385626_1803141177196412641_n.jpg

He's getting some much needed rain!

"Good evening everyone. I'm looking forward to another great race weekend with you all. Saturday will mark 20 years since four airliners were hijacked and used as weapons with hundreds of souls on board. Many more died both during the events of 9/11 as well as the many first responders and citizens who ran willingly towards danger to save as many people as possible who later perished from injuries and inhalation damage as a result.
I am planning to start playing Amazing Grace on my bagpipes at 7:46:40 which is the time the first plane crashed into 1 WTC followed by America the Beautiful. Only thing Im not sure of is if I will do this from the top of our RV or near the US flag at the start line. I hope to see as many of you there as possible."

"Rusty’s update
The usual fast pecan bottom
A few short new sections, we tried to use all of the property we could. Always a challenge getting mileage here. They will be making breakfast, lunch, and dinner across the street at the cafe. Menu tomorrow. An inch + on Monday, most likely a dusty mud race 😎
It looks like bag pipes at the start(pecan bottom) at 7:46.40
Please join if you’re able🇺🇸
The break is over, let’s race💪"

Per Gil

Kiddo and I had a blast yesterday! My son entered (and finished!) his first race ever on Saturday, and did so on a flat front tire (crazy mesquite out there). He’s hooked! Can’t wait for October!

Kudos, as always, to the organizers. I can see how they used every inch of the property to get us a great course. Plenty of variety in what we rode, and a few challenges I wasn’t expecting. Good times!

My 11 year old is fully on board, 8 year old is on deck!
AE0F9383-1746-420F-9941-D8B362DA08D0.jpeg

Also, I’d love to find out where my boy finished. I don’t see where they post 65cc results.

@portill try and get results on my way out. What's the last name?

Broke my front caliper mount in practice, luckily someone had two betas so I borrowed his front brake for the race.

Ended up 2nd after some battles. Beat both guys who are close in points.

William crashed off the start and had trouble working through lap traffic, ended up sixth

Attachments

• 20210911_133846.jpg
    20210911_133846.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210911_181424.jpg
    20210911_181424.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 83

Broke my front caliper mount in practice, luckily someone had two betas so I borrowed his front brake for the race.

William crashed off the start and had trouble working through lap traffic, ended up sixth
Davidson. #375, 65C.

Thank you, sir!

You're doing great! Very impressive. Did you have the church service today?

Second from last!!!! Chip off the old block! 😂

Seriously, it was a smashing success. Kiddo came, crashed, completed, and caught the bug. We will both do better next time.

Thx for the pic, @Aspear!

Weird, lot of competition for our time in the fall.

Even with Dean announcing it from the mule, and it being on Facebook. A lot of people didn't know about it
Duh. I'm so dumb and old, I thought you meant your class. You were answering my Church question. Give it time. The 730 part might be a problem. If I was racing I'm a day racer and wouldn't even be there yet. Just saying.

Duh. I'm so dumb and old, I thought you meant your class. You were answering my Church question. Give it time. The 730 part might be a problem. If I was racing I'm a day racer and wouldn't even be there yet. Just saying.
I know, but 7:15 is the only time that won't interfere with the rest of the schedule.

I think it will grow

William got a holeshot this morning(I told him I'd give him $20 if he did). Lead most of the race until the magnetic kill switch popped off his new husky e5. He fell back to forth but was able to fight his way back to second place.

Attachments

• 20210912_102118.jpg
    20210912_102118.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 75
If it was the KTM 50, they're great performers but a pain dealing with the clutch.
The clutches aren't as bad on the newer models(we have a 2018 & 2020). But I bought ours as projects and have never been able to make either run very well.

Back