• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2021

Spoaks was a blast yesterday, despite high temps and much humidity. This was the first race I’d done with prior knowledge of the course. No surprises, except how much it kicked my butt at (my slow) race pace. Dust bowl start gave way to mostly solitary riding after racers spaced out. Only got lapped by 4-5 of the faster guys, which tells me the course was longer than I expected. Who knows.

Big shout out to Debbie P. (name withheld to protect the innocent :) ), for pushing me to keep my pace up and NOT STOP. Despite giving her several opportunities to pass, she refused them, instead staying on my tail the whole race and yelling like a varsity football coach for me to keep pushing. My sore body and positive feeling about my performance have her to thank for it. A stranger helping out a noob. Good people.

Also saw a bunch of racers on the side of the trail, either suffering from the heat or crashed. One or two got carried out by SxS. Good luck to them, hope everyone is okay.

Really glad I got involved in this, despite my later in life start. It’s been a really rewarding experience. Best of luck to the racers today.

Spoaks was a blast yesterday, despite high temps and much humidity. This was the first race I’d done with prior knowledge of the course. No surprises, except how much it kicked my butt at (my slow) race pace. Dust bowl start gave way to mostly solitary riding after racers spaced out. Only got lapped by 4-5 of the faster guys, which tells me the course was longer than I expected. Who knows.

Big shout out to Debbie P. (name withheld to protect the innocent :) ), for pushing me to keep my pace up and NOT STOP. Despite giving her several opportunities to pass, she refused them, instead staying on my tail the whole race and yelling like a varsity football coach for me to keep pushing. My sore body and positive feeling about my performance have her to thank for it. A stranger helping out a noob. Good people.

Also saw a bunch of racers on the side of the trail, either suffering from the heat or crashed. One or two got carried out by SxS. Good luck to them, hope everyone is okay.

Really glad I got involved in this, despite my later in life start. It’s been a really rewarding experience. Best of luck to the racers today.
Great to see you having a good time. Yes, there are a ton of good folks involved with TORCS. The same goes for the TSCEC (enduro) folks. One of these days you need to make an enduro, guarantee you will like it. Texas has some very interesting terrain in different parts of the state that you can only ride in an event. I was their yesterday in spirit but just can't take the heat anymore. Good luck to you and keep the reports coming.

Thanks. I appreciate all the encouragement I’ve gotten so far.

I’ve stumbled across the TSCEC site. I’d love to know the difference in the racing from TORCS from someone more knowledgeable than I.

Seems the TSCEC races tend to be pretty far from home. Not a show stopper, just more of a challenge with two little ones at home. It’ll happen one day.

Thanks. I appreciate all the encouragement I’ve gotten so far.

I’ve stumbled across the TSCEC site. I’d love to know the difference in the racing from TORCS from someone more knowledgeable than I.

Seems the TSCEC races tend to be pretty far from home. Not a show stopper, just more of a challenge with two little ones at home. It’ll happen one day.
Racing against yourself, usually four riders leave every minute over a trail section normally not repeated. Pick a few races/locations from the schedule then google some video from those events. It will give you an idea of how it works and shows the terrain. :thumb:

This was the most challenging course to go fast on all year. Once again got a holeshot. Had a good battle with a coach from the MX Factory, he passed me at one point then crashed so I got back around. Out of nowhere Collin gaines got be on the last lap in the second to last corner. So another 2nd place for me.

William rode great, battled his whole race Saturday to come home in 3rd! He got a bad start today, battled up to 2nd place, then laid it over in a corner and ended up 6th.

Not a bad way to spend the weekend if you ask me.

Attachments

• 20210612_172151.jpg
    20210612_172151.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 111
Word on the street is FCA will be doing some sort of prayer and short service either Saturday evening after the race or Sunday morning before practice.

Currently looking for one or two other volunteers. If you plan on being at the races and would like to lend a hand please let me know.

I’m in for any race I’m at. Sunday mornings. Keep me posted on needs and I’ll support any way I can.

Luke
(512) 743-5620

If you ride a new KTM or Husky, pretty darn good payout per event, even us amateurs. Place and pretty much pay for your weekend fees and gas! Better than nothing.

If you ride a new KTM or Husky, pretty darn good payout per event, even us amateurs. Place and pretty much pay for your weekend fees and gas! Better than nothing.
Only available to 2020 and newer bikes Austrian bikes. It’d be cool if they extended that to 16 year old orange scooters. It’d be even cooler if I was fast enough to get within two zip codes of that. 😂😂😂

Only available to 2020 and newer bikes Austrian bikes. It’d be cool if they extended that to 16 year old orange scooters. It’d be even cooler if I was fast enough to get within two zip codes of that. 😂😂😂
Well, they are trying to sell new bikes, lol

Aug 21-22 Sprint enduro? I know nothing of the format, really. Where can I guy learn what to expect?

Aug 21-22 Sprint enduro? I know nothing of the format, really. Where can I guy learn what to expect?
Long story short.

There will be two courses marked out called "tests". They will be around 6 minutes for the pros, +10 plus minutes for the days class guys. We will ride each test 3-4 times. All your times will be added up and the rider with the fastest overall time wins.

This year it looks like you can get all your tests knocked out and then be done. Last year you had about 30-40 minutes between each run.

You will be able to take breaks, catch ac, etc.

Long story short.

There will be two courses marked out called "tests". They will be around 6 minutes for the pros, +10 plus minutes for the days class guys. We will ride each test 3-4 times. All your times will be added up and the rider with the fastest overall time wins.

This year it looks like you can get all your tests knocked out and then be done. Last year you had about 30-40 minutes between each run.

You will be able to take breaks, catch ac, etc.
Concise. I like.
Do the slower guys ride the same number of laps as the fast guys?

Concise. I like.
Do the slower guys ride the same number of laps as the fast guys?
Yes, everyone does the same amount.

And it technically won't be laps, you will run the course start to finish, then pull off. The start and finish will be side by side. Riders start every 30 seconds

Yes, everyone does the same amount.

And it technically won't be laps, you will run the course start to finish, then pull off. The start and finish will be side by side. Riders start every 30 seconds
Gotcha. So the time difference between upper and lower classes is for time allotted to finish the course?

Gotcha. So the time difference between upper and lower classes is for time allotted to finish the course?

Yes, just based off of rider speed, that is how long it will typically take guys to finish. You will in theory have all day to complete your tests if I'm not mistaken. There will be slight tweaks to the format this year but based on what I've heard that is how it will be.

There will be a riders meeting before the race for once so all will be cleared up there as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-080741_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-080741_Drive.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 92
Yes, just based off of rider speed, that is how long it will typically take guys to finish. You will in theory have all day to complete your tests if I'm not mistaken. There will be slight tweaks to the format this year but based on what I've heard that is how it will be.

There will be a riders meeting before the race for once so all will be cleared up there as well
Sounds fun as a sack full of cats. I think I’m in.

Word on the street is FCA will be doing some sort of prayer and short service either Saturday evening after the race or Sunday morning before practice.

Currently looking for one or two other volunteers. If you plan on being at the races and would like to lend a hand please let me know.
Y’all planning on prayer/service on Sunday AM at Sprint Races? LMK as I’m working out details for upcoming weekends and this would impact the direction I lean towards.

Y’all planning on prayer/service on Sunday AM at Sprint Races? LMK as I’m working out details for upcoming weekends and this would impact the direction I lean towards.
Not for the sprint, still need to talk with Gil(Mr torcs) to iron out details. Going to discuss with him at the sprint

Back