• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2022

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
TORCS
January 15-16 Spoakes
February 5-6 Ott Ranch
March 5-6 Zars
April 2-3 Goertz
May 14-15 TBA (new property)
June 11-12 Diamond Willow

September 17-18
October 15-16
November 12-13
December 10-11 Powell Ranch

Coles Fun Pit and Eagle Lake are weather permitting. Knesek will be on there somewhere. Still waiting to hear back from some landowners.

Excellent! Can’t wait to ( get back to, and) take my boy to Spoaks, Zars, Goertz, Knesek, and all the rest! It’ll be his first full season.

Really seems like things are on the upswing with TORCS recently. Good to see.
Their numbers are huge, selfish I know but wish it wasn't quite as big. On his short milage courses you'll dealing with slower riders or being the SLOWER rider, lol! Pretty much all the time. I bet it's easier running in the A and B classes. The guys probably keep the gaps between classes separated longer.

Gil and Jacki are doing a great job with TORCS I will run a few next year for sure
I've learned to never say never but I won't be saving my number this year, had it almost from he beginning. If I do anything it'll be TSCEC or the sprint series out of Louisiana. IF.

I know I’m internet challenged, but I can’t seem to find the link to sign waivers online. Help? Bueller?

No sxs this year, will help with securing new properties moving forward.

Zars will probably be on the schedule for awhile as long as the club stays happy.

Powell seems to be back for good

No sxs this year, will help with securing new properties moving forward.

Zars will probably be on the schedule for awhile as long as the club stays happy.

Powell seems to be back for good
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Music(symohony) to my ears about the SxS.

Spoaks was a blast yesterday. Love riding a fun (tough for me) course on a beautiful property. Mite chilly with the gusts and all, but nothing arctic. Although his age still qualifies him for 65, I bumped kiddo up into 85c and am glad I did (he’s too tall for a 65 and any 110cc 4t bikes are heavy and not a real step up from what he had). It’s a small class he can grow and develop into.
Anyhoo, he’ll get smoked by the more experienced kids on Austrian bikes for a while, I assume, but his first dead start was a success and his last lap yesterday was almost 4 minutes faster than his first. That makes me proud and him happy.
Best of luck to the Sunday racers, a big thank you to the organization, all the great people we meet, and everyone who helps make these funfestextravathons possible! We always look forward to the next one.
DA2963F5-ACE0-4A4E-96D7-ACA956890830.jpeg
8C13B9DB-57DE-4861-B068-CF6F06E6BC9C.jpeg

@woodsguy scoring is wrong, Hamilton didnt scan one time through scoring so he had a double lap.

Rode better than the 2 hour, ran 5th for a bit then had a crash. Kept with the guys a little longer than last time. Just going to try to improve every round.

William started the year off with 2nd in 50cc Saturday and a win in 50cc Sunday this morning. Talk around the pits is he will be the kid to beat this year. Let's hope so.

Attachments

• 20220115_183340.jpg
    20220115_183340.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 127
@woodsguy scoring is wrong, Hamilton didnt scan one time through scoring so he had a double lap.

Rode better than the 2 hour, ran 5th for a bit then had a crash. Kept with the guys a little longer than last time. Just going to try to improve every round.

William started the year off with 2nd in 50cc Saturday and a win in 50cc Sunday this morning. Talk around the pits is he will be the kid to beat this year. Let's hope so.
Fantastic result! Congratulations.
Mind blowing to see how tight the competition is between the really fast classes.

DF0D5E31-AAFD-4E58-A247-FAECC74D56B4.jpeg

It’s on like Donkey Kong.

From what I can gather from the interwebs and the Tube of You, Ott Ranch looks like it’s sandy in spots and a ton of fun otherwise. That is the impression I’m going with. :)

View attachment 312341
It’s on like Donkey Kong.

From what I can gather from the interwebs and the Tube of You, Ott Ranch looks like it’s sandy in spots and a ton of fun otherwise. That is the impression I’m going with. :)
Its sandy but fun.

Fun fact, 2021 torcs pro champion Wes Gustine will be having a training class at a very sandy property near Stockdale Texas on Feb 13th. It's a great opportunity to learn how to ride faster safely!

Its sandy but fun.

Fun fact, 2021 torcs pro champion Wes Gustine will be having a training class at a very sandy property near Stockdale Texas on Feb 13th. It's a great opportunity to learn how to ride faster safely!
That IS a fun fact. How might one go about attending the aforementioned class?

FYI race has been moved to next weekend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-101442_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-101442_Facebook.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 123
I’ll do an Ott report and keep this thread breathing….

Fun course for sure. Also tough for sand noobs like myself and my son. Hail/rain started to fall halfway through the race, making for a few slick black muddy spots and turning the exposed roots into a bigger challenge than they already were. We both had a blast while doing our best riding mid race. Laps 1 and 4 for me were sloppy and slow, while 2 and 3 were when I had a decent groove. Ditto the kiddo. Lap 2 was his fastest lap and not obscenely off the pace of the faster kids, while drops and stalls in laps 1 and 3 were what killed his overall. He’s got some consistency to work on but continues to develop and impress his old man. These young kids are fearless and can ride the wheels off their bikes. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
3D48CD44-6D08-4461-B994-94BCB35A1166.jpeg
7871C96E-3B44-4175-A658-0E213E43CD7C.jpeg

Last edited:
Goertz is coming up!!!!😁

Looks like some shifts in the schedule were made, including the May race in Lometa. Never raced northwest of Austin, I’m sure that’ll introduce some new terrain. Rocks, dust, mesquite, oh my!

I could update as well. Hard lines proved to be a big factor in the pro race. 4th both days. Didn't have the speed, just had the skill to clear the hard stuff

Back