• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2022

Yup. My hats off to all of the kids and adults who finished. It’s POSSIBLE I could have done it had I not cashed myself out climbing hills and lifting bikes during the 85 practice and race, but coulda shoulda woulda. Hopefully it’ll be cooler next time Sticks rolls around.
Sticks is always tough, might be toughest on the circuit. The times I've been it gets frustrating dealing with all the bottlenecks. So many of those short climbs are 1 track. And I'm not the one to just run over folks for 2 cent trophy.

Sticks is always tough, might be toughest on the circuit. The times I've been it gets frustrating dealing with all the bottlenecks. So many of those short climbs are 1 track. And I'm not the one to just run over folks for 2 cent trophy.
You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.
I should know by now that if the course looks easy to moderate on YouTube, it is because the internet lies.

You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.
I should know by now that if the course looks easy to moderate on YouTube, it is because the internet lies.
Well, still done good there, lol!
2012- 1st in class, 37/82. 2013 1st in class, 30/64. 2014 2nd in class, 29/71. Over 60 class. Haven't been back since then.

Well, still done good there, lol!
2012- 1st in class, 37/82. 2013 1st in class, 30/64. 2014 2nd in class, 29/71. Over 60 class. Haven't been back since then.
Rub it in, why dontcha! 😂
I’m starting to beat myself up for bailing out.
For realz, that’s impressive.

Rub it in, why dontcha! 😂
I’m starting to beat myself up for bailing out.
For realz, that’s impressive.

History is all I got now, lol! There was a time i was decent. Not Aspear decent but ok. Won a few class championships in a couple of series. All behind me now. But Sticks to me is tough, doing good there was special.

Just watched a great video of a youngster on a Husky elect bike. Very impressive! It also showed the really bad bottleneck situations that develop. Not fair to the riders, puts everyone in a bad position.

Just watched a great video of a youngster on a Husky elect bike. Very impressive! It also showed the really bad bottleneck situations that develop. Not fair to the riders, puts everyone in a bad position.
That place is hedious for bottlenecks in the ravines. They're all 1 line. Friend boiled over 1st lap and quit.

Last edited:

That may be @Aspear's kid. He climbed the big hill a lot of adults didn't try.
If it was go pro footage it was most likely Silas limbeck

Caught my peg on a tree on lap two, smashed my foot. Trip to the er said no breaks, but doesn't feel pretty. Been in the field for work all week so that hasn't helped.

William came home with 3rd on Saturday and almost last on Sunday due to said bottleneck

Attachments

• 20220514_174636.jpg
    20220514_174636.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220517_165946.jpg
    20220517_165946.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220514_164200.jpg
    20220514_164200.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220515_134535.jpg
    IMG_20220515_134535.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 91
I use a product called Tailwind for distance running like 10k...half marathon etc. It's made in Durango Colorado by folks who do some pretty physically taxing sports. For electrolytes etc. it works. Only problem I see with it for moto is it's caffeine content. The one caveat I can offer is be careful about overdoing it. This stuff allows your body to go well beyond it's normal performance level. Getting injured by exceeding sensible activities or severe bonking afterwards is for real.

The electrolyte part sounds good but caffeine can be a killer. Be very careful folks, especially is on any form ob HBP meds. For electrolytes, hydration, endurance and safety Heed's entire line is excellent. And don't discount Gatorade regardless of the chatter. Sorry about the foot Aspear, that could have been much worse Good luck.

After a little debate on racing or not here's the June race. Guess new property didn't pan out.
94EAB272-EAB8-470E-ADC7-E2979FF07B96.jpeg

Knesek is a fun place I really enjoyed. But the temp will determine my decision. If I make it I will just be trail riding. No racing left in me.

After a little debate on racing or not here's the June race. Guess new property didn't pan out.View attachment 320674
Sweet! I had a great time there last year. I’m sure my son will love it. Barring any rains, I’m betting it’ll be a dust fest.
I invested in a shade tent and a white compression layer to wear under my armor to keep myself cool. No way I’ll let the heat get the better of me this time.

Sweet! I had a great time there last year. I’m sure my son will love it. Barring any rains, I’m betting it’ll be a dust fest.
I invested in a shade tent and a white compression layer to wear under my armor to keep myself cool. No way I’ll let the heat get the better of me this time.
Without rain, no way can it not be a dust bowl. Don't think you're on Facebook(?), but Jackie (TORCS) put a poll up for race no race in June. No race won by 20 or 30 votes but the wanna race guys were very vocal, so guess she gave in. Like the guys said, there's 2 drops for the guys chasing points. Too hot, take a drop! I won't show unless it rains that week, fair weather guy now.

Vote was 153 not to race, 128 to race. Some comments are getting ugly, probably been best if she hadn't done this and just raced. Seems weird to ask for a poll and then ignore results. Heck it's Gil and the workers that have it bad! Racers can do their hour and hit the travel trailer. Workers in it all day all weekend.

Vote was 153 not to race, 128 to race. Some comments are getting ugly, probably been best if she hadn't done this and just raced. Seems weird to ask for a poll and then ignore results. Heck it's Gil and the workers that have it bad! Racers can do their hour and hit the travel trailer. Workers in it all day all weekend.
That’s a great point; the workers suffer the most, and I appreciate them being willing to do it. I’ll look for the positive and hope it’ll be a smaller than usual field.

I hate that social media makes it easy to be ugly to people that you aren’t face to face with.

They went through the poll and found a lot on non racers voting. I believe that played a big factor in the decision. I didn't feel like the comments got too ugly.

Switched to a faster, more open track. Which is what some folks requested.

I for one, will heat train in the weeks leading up to a hot race. Limit ac, lots of water, ride in the heat etc.

The sweeps do have it the worst, but this is Texas. It could be decent weather, after this year, there is no guessing.

They went through the poll and found a lot on non racers voting. I believe that played a big factor in the decision. I didn't feel like the comments got too ugly.

Switched to a faster, more open track. Which is what some folks requested.

I for one, will heat train in the weeks leading up to a hot race. Limit ac, lots of water, ride in the heat etc.

The sweeps do have it the worst, but this is Texas. It could be decent weather, after this year, there is no guessing.
The faster track is a boon for sure. It’ll also mitigate lack of skill. :):):)

We’ll be doing a TORN event next weekend. That’ll be decent prep for a hot dust fest.

My opinion will always be this.

If you think it's to hot, hard, expensive etc, then there are plenty of other passtimes.
The faster track is a boon for sure. It’ll also mitigate lack of skill. :):):)

We’ll be doing a TORN event next weekend. That’ll be decent prep for a hot dust fest.
Yall have fun! We will probably hit the motocross track

If you think it's to hot, hard, expensive etc, then there are plenty of other passtimes.
Someone has to get out just because they don't agree? And I imagine there was for racing votes from nonracers also. Just a quick skim of yes votes I counted 8 non' racers of folks I know. Poll on facebook is pretty limited in results. It's no biggie, race if you want don't if you don't want to. Easy.

Back