• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2023

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.00.02 AM.png

If this is correct, 5 guys beat all the pros but Riley!

End of first half.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684169540319.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684169540319.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 56
Note location change! Said Coles too wet.

Last edited:
WooHoo! Son took first place in Open C today. He has been working hard at improving and it paid off. He was happy and I was proud of the way he rode.

Yes practice was a mess. Son waited almost 30 minutes before going in and still got in a big jam up.

105 degree heat index at the start according to my phone.
Good on your son! Impressive.

Speaking of sons, mine (not yet 13) finished 4th in 85c (his loser dad finally fixed his rear brake) and decided to run practice with the big bikes. He got to smelling himself and opted to enter open D with the old man. Well, the old man made a huge stalling mistake on lap 2, taking a hard line up a hill that cost me what could have been 5 minutes, and expending way too much energy. Long story short, the kid beat the dad by about 30 seconds overall, him in 15, me in 16. I’m simultaneously chapped about that mistake and proud as can be that kiddo came out on top, at a course that is no joke, especially in the heat! Wasn’t that long ago that he was struggling through his first race at Rusty’s, on an xr100 in 65c. My how they grow.

Looking at lap times for "regular" riders it appears the TORCS tradition of SHORT courses is holding strong.

11 to 12 minutes is just long mx track, lol. No wonder fast guys whining about passing lappers. Slow guys are 10 minutes behind when they start. IMO, fast guys should be close to 20 minutes and up. Plus course doesn't get as beat up. Won't change.

11 to 12 minutes is just long mx track, lol. No wonder fast guys whining about passing lappers. Slow guys are 10 minutes behind when they start. IMO, fast guys should be close to 20 minutes and up. Plus course doesn't get as beat up. Won't change.
You're right. Seven/eight friends in my area have given up on TORCS because of that. Rockne/Goertz has a lot more trail that could be used. And was in the old days with another group.

Good on your son! Impressive.

Speaking of sons, mine (not yet 13) finished 4th in 85c (his loser dad finally fixed his rear brake) and decided to run practice with the big bikes. He got to smelling himself and opted to enter open D with the old man. Well, the old man made a huge stalling mistake on lap 2, taking a hard line up a hill that cost me what could have been 5 minutes, and expending way too much energy. Long story short, the kid beat the dad by about 30 seconds overall, him in 15, me in 16. I’m simultaneously chapped about that mistake and proud as can be that kiddo came out on top, at a course that is no joke, especially in the heat! Wasn’t that long ago that he was struggling through his first race at Rusty’s, on an xr100 in 65c. My how they grow.
Next goal will be to not just beat you but make sure and lap you. :)

You're right. Seven/eight friends in my area have given up on TORCS because of that. Rockne/Goertz has a lot more trail that could be used. And was in the old days with another group.
Been a long time but seems STORM had close to 20 miles there.

Yep to both posts! I don't understand TORCS determination to run short courses. Lapper issue and trail destruction are both serious issues.

Website Update: today a fix was applied to the TORCS website and app to fix the issue with individual Elapsed Time not being accurate for all the classes. The Elapsed Time for each rider should now match the Motosponder website and what you saw in the printouts in the TORCS trailer. Each lap should also be accurate and add up to the Elapsed Time (there was previously an issue with Lap 1). You should now be able to compare your Elapsed Time with other classes and have it be an accurate comparison.

If you see any issues with your Elapsed Time or Overall *** for any 2023 races, let me know.

Anyone have results for the second big bike race Sat, A/B? We left before it was done. Son had a good race and picked up another win. He managed to get the hole shot rode really well. I mowed a figure 8 here at my place and he spent 30 minutes one session riding it. I think that really helped the corner speed. Would like to see how some did in the Open B.

Anyone have results for the second big bike race Sat, A/B? We left before it was done. Son had a good race and picked up another win. He managed to get the hole shot rode really well. I mowed a figure 8 here at my place and he spent 30 minutes one session riding it. I think that really helped the corner speed. Would like to see how some did in the Open B.
I know some of those guys, your son must be a bad man( as in good). Congrats

I know some of those guys, your son must be a bad man( as in good). Congrats
Hopefully I did not mislead, he rides the Open C and has been working really hard at getting better. His friend rides Open B. Son works outside a lot which helps with conditioning and has been practicing when he can. I have about a mile of track here that he can run on and his friend who rides B has a ranch with some track they practice on some. 17 years ago he was not nearly as focused. He had asked if I could mow a figure 8 to run on here so I added one. We will see how things go after the break.

Hopefully I did not mislead, he rides the Open C and has been working really hard at getting better. His friend rides Open B. Son works outside a lot which helps with conditioning and has been practicing when he can. I have about a mile of track here that he can run on and his friend who rides B has a ranch with some track they practice on some. 17 years ago he was not nearly as focused. He had asked if I could mow a figure 8 to run on here so I added one. We will see how things go after the break.
Super jealous of having a grass track to practice on! Congrats to your boy!

Back