• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2023

Just hanging out!

6522CEA4-22ED-4CB7-AB5F-32A41EF92779.jpeg

Nice.

Almost looks like dust hanging in the background...probably is.

? Lost his air box cover?
Update, you were right, he did lose his airbox cover during the race, it was found and returned!

Lucky guess on my part.

We generally try to bring stuff we find up to the parking lot. Or sometimes we hang it in a tree near where we found it, figuring the person might return.

I've found 3 kickstands since I've been riding out there. Cracked me up. HAHA

Craziest most expensive: a Mercedes key fob. Friend found it, has posted a couple of places, asked around, etc. and so far no one has claimed it. Been a year at least. He researched the price...I forget what it was but it wasn't cheap.

"The “sand track” is in!
If you know, you know!
This will be different then any of the last few Spoakes Mx off-road races. Lots of fun to be had. Our hosts are on point. We and they are going to introduce y’all to another amazing track at this awesome venue. Don’t miss this one"

TORCS quote!!

"The “sand track” is in!
If you know, you know!
This will be different then any of the last few Spoakes Mx off-road races. Lots of fun to be had. Our hosts are on point. We and they are going to introduce y’all to another amazing track at this awesome venue. Don’t miss this one"

TORCS quote!!
Ding dang! I knew I should’ve been spending more time on that sand track.
That’s a fair hike from the woods trails. Can’t wait to see the layout.

The Spoaks and TORCS crew outdid themselves for this one. The course encompassed a majority of the single track, the vet track, grassy transition across the property into the sand track, and back again. Epic. I only wish I could have raced longer.
We 3 all had fun and stayed safe, but the worst part was my son on his way to a podium when his rear brake went out. I’m tearing myself up over it. Pit crew/dad guilt.

Praying that whomever got taken away by EMS today is okay.

Not sure what happened that brought the helicopter in. Heard two different stories so not going to repeat either. Hope all turns out okay for them.

spoaks-life-flight.jpg

We were not planning on making it but the son got home late Friday night and Saturday morning decided to go up. He had not ridden for 3 weeks and worked daylight to dark for 21 days straight. I had dropped his bike at 812 for suspension work and picked it up when done so he had not yet ridden it since the changes. Didn't get there in time to run practice either. Did well though, pulled the hole shot and ended up in the top 10. Said he had two get offs so ended up with a great finish all considered.

Here is a shot of un-official results I took for the first big bike group on Saturday.

spoaks-sat-results-1st-group.jpg

Mixed emotions regarding Choppers. As a paratrooper they are awesome, as a rider I never want to be in one. Prayers sent for those folks.

Hate seeing a chopper there.

Mixed emotions regarding Choppers. As a paratrooper they are awesome, as a rider I never want to be in one. Prayers sent for those folks.

I agree, never like seeing them there and don't want to go for a ride in one. However, sure is nice that they are available if a situation arises where they are needed. Lots of respect for those pilots, have seen them land places where they probably shouldn't have.

"I appreciate y'all thinking about me. I am ok and headed home. I don't know what happened. The last thing I remember is coming out of a turn and thinking about how good the bike felt in the sand. The next thing I remember is looking out of the helicopter window and wondering what I was doing there.

A huge thank you to the EMTs out there! I am glad that they called for life flight because my blood pressure crashed twice on the way to the hospital.

It may be a while but I will be back "

INJURED RIDERS POST ON FACEBOOK.

50 y/o rider in Open D. Turns out he's local to me. Just moved here. So when he heals have a new riding guy!

Guy that took the ride!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1680541707058.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680541707058.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 51
We went by while they were working with him. Hope he makes a full recovery and as quickly as possible.

Yep. Healing taker longer as the years go by. I'll bet he was having fun, that track looked great.

Saturday C class vid by one of the riders. By the way, at 54 seconds in you can see my son leading the way. LOL Just had to point that out.

Back