• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS non series race

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
131933201_217867616492408_5357449374253086720_o.jpg

See post 34 for changes, added tag teams.

Last edited:
Event by TORCS

573 High Grove Rd, Cedar Creek, TX 78612-3328, United States

Dec 31, 2020 at 2 PM CST – Jan 3, 2021 at 3 PM CST

Tickets
torcs.square.site

Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

Off Road Race for Dirt Bikes
PRE WILD HARE SCHEDULE
Camping begins 12/31 at 2pm
Ride Day/ Practice 1/1 and 1/2 9-4
Gates 12/31 2pm-9pm
Gates 1/1 & 1/2 9am-9pm
Gates 1/3 6:30am-3pm
Camping $10 per camp per night
Ride Days $25 Adults $15 Kids
Wild Hare $10 gate fee
(waived if practiced)
$50 Adult Race $30 Kids Race
WILD HARE SCHEDULE
7:30-12:15 Registration
8:15 Parade Lap 50,65 Mini, Wom C
8:30 –30 min Race 50, 65 Mini, Wom C
9:30 Parade Lap Big Bikes
10:00-2 Hour Race 13-29 C, 30+C, 40+C, 50+B&C, Super Mini, 60+C, Open D Sun, Wom Open, 60+A
12:30-2 Hour Race 13-29 A&B, 30+A&B, 40+ A&B, 50+A, PRO

I have proven since '73 that "good" has nothing to do with it. For guys like us its all about the fun,,,,try hard certainly, but be sure to go home smiling.

Any idea how technical / difficult this course is? I have not ridden off road for many months and 2 hours is long time for these old bones...

They had the last TORCS race a couple weeks ago. I didn't make it but can't imagine it being difficult. He's pretty good about hard/easy lines.

Do a YouTube search for TORCS at Powells Ranch. There's 3 or 4 videos to give you an idea, hopefully.

They had the last TORCS race a couple weeks ago. I didn't make it but can't imagine it being difficult. He's pretty good about hard/easy lines.
They were easy/easy lines, I believe he is making course changes for the 2 hour. Atleast I hope.
Any idea how technical / difficult this course is? I have not ridden off road for many months and 2 hours is long time for these old bones...
I thought it was the most fun course we had all year. A lot of tight trees, two sandy creeks, but nothing harder than orange trail at zars.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

They were easy/easy lines, I believe he is making course changes for the 2 hour. Atleast I hope.
Reminder, you're an Open A rider, average folks may have a problem with something you didn't. Especially if they're older or just don't want to take a chance!:pirate:

Reminder, you're an Open A rider, average folks may have a problem with something you didn't. Especially if they're older or just don't want to take a chance!:pirate:
My D class friends had no issues either! Lol.

I took experience into account.

The creek drop in would be the only difficult thing.

Not too stoked about my first A race being two hours but might as well jump straight into the fire.

You coming?
Absolutely positively maybe! No riding since Feb would have me just riding around, kinda expensive for that. Trying to make the AMSA ride day this weekend also but it has become an issue being alone for the distant stuff. No road trip buddies near my age is a bummer. 2020 has me on the verge of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Just spent a ton of $$$$ on a total rebuild of my bike and it just sits there. And then I see guys traveling 20-30 minutes to the trails :angryfire Also, being a target range age for Covid has me a little fearful of groups of people. Lifelong friend in the hosp on the edge since last Fri, makes me nervous.

Will a stock tank last 2 hours? 500EXC.

Or is this format a series of laps for 2 hours and you pass through a pit area every lap where you can refill?

Also...if you had to choose between this and the ride day this Sunday the 20th at Goertz, which would you pick?

Will a stock tank last 2 hours? 500EXC.

Or is this format a series of laps for 2 hours and you pass through a pit area every lap where you can refill?

Also...if you had to choose between this and the ride day this Sunday the 20th at Goertz, which would you pick?
This. Goertz will have more ride days.

It will be laps. Two hours is just the time limit.

Depending on how you ride, stock tank might last the whole time anyway.

Both days should be great fun, I suspect Geortz is getting some of the rain I hear falling here at the house now so the dirt should be epic there
tomorrow.

Powell is a great place glad to see them hosting some events there again my current plan is to do both

Back