• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS non series race

If anybody wants to ride or race this weekend. This is going to be the scene. They have canceled today and tomorrow to save the coarse for Sat ride day and Sunday races. Said it was dry yesterday and that expected rains are going to make it sweet. These guys are pretty good with there forecasts and soil conditions. Review the TORCS Racers and News site for continued updates.

Happy New Years and Braap in the 2021.

I'm copying their posts, no clue what it looks like or will be like. They might not get as much rain as I have. We're at 5 inches in Huntsville.

Sorry guys, 2 inches of rain as of this morning. Campground can’t handle traffic right now. No camping tonight or ride day tomorrow. Will update tomorrow before noon. Looks like the rain is ending, we need to take a look and see what we will be able to do. Happy new year’s 🎉

Our creek is flowing for the first time in years

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Finally sunshine. We are out looking at the trails this morning. Our hope would be a few re-routes, a Saturday ride day and a Sunday race. Please be patient, 3 inches of rain is great for some portions of the course and not so good for others. I will firm up with everyone around 3pm. Fingers crossed, enjoy your day.

He stated that arriving today yet to be determined.

Don't know but doubt it. AMSA usually has a kids track but this isn't hosted by them. I imagine Gil has his hands full trying to pull this off.

Sorry. I see nothing on flyer or Facebook.

Wild Hare update:
With re-routs we are good to go for a ride day Saturday and Wild Hare Race Sunday. You are welcome to come camp tonight. If you get here before Loran Turner come to the camper to sign in with Jackie.

Little bit of an update be careful pulling in to the campground there is some standing water On the campground road..

We're here. My phone got crushed Wednesday afternoon, so using my wife's phone.

We are to the right as you pull in. Red and silver dodge dually, north trail travel trailer, brown tundra, 62x beta under a purple easy up. Come say hi if you come out.

The trail tomorrow will not be all of what we are racing. Due to the rain, gil made due for tomorrow while he marks the rest of the new race course.

Trailhead for the adults is by the torcs trailer, trail head for the kids will be hopefully marked out tomorrow. Hard to explain how to get to it without showing you on the ground.
20210101_182957.jpg

Last edited:
There a kids track to let the kids run the 50s while the older kids run the trails?
There will be a kids trail, but it will be slick in the morning and it has some spots that might require assistance depending on your kiddos skill level

If I get very lucky I'll have no appointments Sunday (only happened once, but that was recently) I'll be there Sunday.

Back