• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORN series

Yes sir I was. I've been trying to dial in my suspension so I've been riding the same bit of trail. You in a blue pickup. Chevy or GMC ?

Red Chevy.

Attachments

• 20220425_175853.jpg
    20220425_175853.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 92
Reviving an old'ish thread. For the racing folks, I have a question on classes. With TORN (or heck, any racing organization that is) is it better to go into your particular age class or just stick with something like Open Intermediate? My gut feeling is to always go into your age class if it is offered, but I thought I would ask.

The last time I raced, I was 16 years old so I didn't have to worry too much about age classes. Times have changed! :)

Reviving an old'ish thread. For the racing folks, I have a question on classes. With TORN (or heck, any racing organization that is) is it better to go into your particular age class or just stick with something like Open Intermediate? My gut feeling is to always go into your age class if it is offered, but I thought I would ask.

The last time I raced, I was 16 years old so I didn't have to worry too much about age classes. Times have changed! :)
I don't know how old you are but if I was over 35 or so(and older) I'd want to be racing with my peers! We have the same goals and responsibilities ! lol For me just more fun banging with lot age guys!

Not that I have any vast experience racing, but it seems to me that the Open classes are populated by racers for whom the age restricted classes do not yet apply (young guns), or possibly by the rare older cat that finds sick enjoyment going up against said young guns. Y’all correct me if I’m wrong.

When my boy and I do a TORN event it’s always a slog there and back, so we just enter a class that we both can ride (Open) in the earlier races and expect to get smoked (we do), with a mind to allow the faster racers past as quickly as possible. Then we get home at a reasonable hour.

I don't know how old you are but if I was over 35 or so(and older) I'd want to be racing with my peers! We have the same goals and responsibilities ! lol For me just more fun banging with lot age guys!
I'd be in the over 38 class in TORN. So basically what you are saying is sign up for the age class that also knows they have to go back to work tomorrow. :)

Back