• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Touch screen gloves that actually work?

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Any recommendations? Had a pair of Rev'it Dirt 2 gloves that worked great, but finally wore out. I just received a pair of Klim Dakar Pro gloves that are advertised as such, but do absolutely nothing. They will be on the way back ASAP. Looking for a lighter weight, more dirt / adventure type glove if possible.

So far I have had the best luck with Nanotips paint on.

I've never had any that worked well or consistently, but I can usually manage to unlock my phone and change the music that's playing if I need to. Fox Dirtpaw (short lifespan glove, btw) and an Alpinestars glove I've forgotten the name of since it hasn't had to be replaced.

I really think it depends on your screen. I can use just about any glove on my Montana and it works. Nothing works on my phone (one more reason to leave it in your pocket and use a dedicated GPS unit).

Oh yeah, this reminds me: I bought a stylus once, and it works fabulously on my GPS and phone. Just tether it on your tank bag or somewhere convenient. Cheap alternative to expensive gloves.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a Montana also. They have the non-capacitive type of screen. I use my phone on my street bike and want gloves that will work with it.

Yep, I scuffed up the finger tips with a fine sand paper first. Kinda like scuffing a inner tube for a patch. The first time I did it I didn’t scuff and the stuff peeled off after a while.
I got the nano tips off of amazon and when I went back to get another it was discontinued, but linked to anyglove.

Typed this with Held Sambia Pro on my iPhone.
The hard part is being precise.

Yep, I scuffed up the finger tips with a fine sand paper first. Kinda like scuffing a inner tube for a patch. The first time I did it I didn’t scuff and the stuff peeled off after a while.
I got the nano tips off of amazon and when I went back to get another it was discontinued, but linked to anyglove.
Yeah, but I also see a lot of negative reviews. There's never an easy solution, is there? :giveup:

I have a pair of Odin MFG Street MX gloves I wear 98% of the time that work well enough, and they're made so that the pointer finger and thumb flip up for screen use.

I've also had luck with Mechanix gloves working well on my phones.

I have a pair of Odin MFG Street MX gloves I wear 98% of the time that work well enough, and they're made so that the pointer finger and thumb flip up for screen use.

I've also had luck with Mechanix gloves working well on my phones.
Never heard of those before, but definitely like the flip finger design. Ordered a pair of the Heavy Hitters! Thanks!

Never heard of those before, but definitely like the flip finger design. Ordered a pair of the Heavy Hitters! Thanks!
Let me know how you like them. I've been using the Street MX for a couple of years now, and they've held up great. I thought the magnetic cuff was kind of gimmicky, but dang it's convenient to just stick them to my tank lol.

Let me know how you like them. I've been using the Street MX for a couple of years now, and they've held up great. I thought the magnetic cuff was kind of gimmicky, but dang it's convenient to just stick them to my tank lol.
Yep, will do. Definitely liked the magnetic feature too. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've had good luck with Klim gloves (Baja and Mojave) but the Bajas started to not work so well recently. I've previously used AnyGlove paint on a pair of gloves with less than desired results. So I bought a pack of GloveTacs from Wild west and they really work well!
Yep, will do. Definitely liked the magnetic feature too. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've had good luck with Klim gloves (Baja and Mojave) but the Bajas started to not work so well recently. I've previously used AnyGlove paint on a pair of gloves with less than desired results. So I bought a pack of GloveTacs from Wild west and they really work well!
I got some from Cycle Gear down here, but they wouldn't work at all on the Rev'its. I mean nothing. Maybe they are too thick or something.

Haven't tried them on my Rev'it's yet, but worked great on my Baja's. Don't know why they wouldn't work you as they work when they are not attached to a glove.

Back