• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tough Trip to Paradise - Huatusco, Mexico

Man, this is a great report. Makes me want to go to Mexico again. I would love to meet these folks. Thanks for posting.

This was a beautiful geographical and cultural glimpse into a very close, but vastly different region. When I was young, I was graced with an extended visit to the Guatemalan Highlands in support of missionaries living and working with the Quiché people.

Anytime I read articles like yours, I'm returned to those days in the mountains.

Thank you for sharing.

Very nice, interesting and educational report.
Thanks.

Andy,

Great trip and report. It was good to see pictures of my good friends, the Amecas. You are a good story teller, much better than I would expect from a two time, 3rd Best Liar in the State of Texas.
Your math was off, your numbers only add up to 730 miles, but what is a 100 miles between friends?

Dale

My daughter went to Honduras in December with a mission team. She absolutely loved it, and raved about the food and the coffee. She stayed on a coffee plantation while there, so that's the connection with your ride report. She's going back in July, and I think my oldest son will also go. He went twice when he was in high school. A ministry supported by our church (Bread for a Hungry World) runs a children's home there, and does other work in Honduras.

Nice report!

Are there any DS roads going up that mountain?

Thanks, everybody, for all the thanks. I appreciate that.

I imagine there's lots of DS roads in the area.

These are a few pictures a friend from Veracruz sent me in January last year. The photos aren't very big, but they give you an idea of the area:

PICO%20DE%20ORIZABA%20(4).jpg

PICO%20DE%20ORIZABA%20(49).jpg

PICO%20DE%20ORIZABA%20(48).jpg

PICO%20DE%20ORIZABA%20(38).jpg

If anybody is interested in a guided tour of the area, that can be easily arranged.

I really liked the thread. Good job. But those last photos.:clap: You really didn't need to post those. Jiminy. That's some nice stuff.

Wish i had go with you Andy...Sign me up for the next one . great RR really enjoyed reading it.

Great ride report Andy!! Glad you made it home safely.

If I understood you correctly Manolo is President of CMA Mexico. I thought he looked familar, I believe I have seen him at One of the Changing of the Colors Rallies on Iron Mountain at CMA headquarters. Also we meet Johan & Charmaine when they came though at the Colors Rally a couple of years ago.

What chapter are you in? I am a Area Rep up here in North Texas.
It is awesome to see that CMA Mexico is doing well.

Andy, This was a great read. Good job! Makes me want to head down to Mexico (but only with someone that knows the area and the language!)

What chapter are you in? I am a Area Rep up here in North Texas.
It is awesome to see that CMA Mexico is doing well.

I'm in the Corpus Christi chapter. There's half a dozen of us who have made trips to Mexico over the past three years. This forum is littered with our ride reports if you're interested in reading more. Our previous trip was to Monclova in November. Rutas en el Desierto - Monclova, Mexico Bike Rally

We've known Manolo and family several years now. Wonderful folks. Some people have a gift for, ten minutes after meeting them, you feel like you've known them your whole life. That's Manolo and Hortensia.

Andy, This was a great read. Good job! Makes me want to head down to Mexico (but only with someone that knows the area and the language!)

You're in luck, ejunkie, we're planning to go to Motohermandad in Tampico over Memorial Day weekend. We'll probably leave Corpus Thursday afternoon, returning Sunday evening. We've been the past two years and had a ball. Well, Dale (Goldfish) didn't enjoy the last trip too much. Motohermandad 2010, Tampico, Mexico Grumpy goes to Tampico

If you'd like to go, let me know. (That even rhymes.)

Great report, I'm fascinated with that area. Very interesting on the coffee and their efforts to improve the "organic" process. Ahead of their time.

Back