• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour Another Country in June or July. Where would you go?

TGTUMBLEWEED

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Last Name
Musgrove
Wanted Peru but too cold there. I don't like cold. Thinking about Thailand. Any other suggestions?

So it sounds like you need to stick to the Northern Hemisphere. How about the Balkans - Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania.

Wanted Peru but too cold there. I don't like cold. Thinking about Thailand. Any other suggestions?
Street, dirt, mix of both, big bike, small bike, scooter, budget, accomodations desired?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

too hot in Thailand. Bosnia looks interesting.
street or mix , big or small. just looking for an epic trip.

Rented there a few times. I've only rented their smaller bikes. Economical and fun. The speeds there aren't high. No need for bigger unless you go 2 up. DR 650 is at a good price too.
On the Equator, so you choose your weather depending on your altitude.
Go look at their YouTube videos.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 20190821_201528.jpg
    20190821_201528.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 202
It's been a while since I've been there, but Austin. Should be plenty warm around that time of year.

They also speak english and Ecuador uses the US Dollar as their currency.

Attachments

• 20190821_120954.jpg
    20190821_120954.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 200
Riding round trip from Germany to Turkey in May/June. I am really looking forward to Croatia. In previous travels I have heard a lot about Croatia and how it is where many of the Europeans vacation. Inexpensive (although getting more expensive), great beaches, warm, mountains. It sounds great. We are traveling through Bosnia, Herzegovina, Albania all the countries in the direction of Istanbul. We went to Norway in early 2018, cold, beautiful but expensive!!! Not near as many dirt roads in Europe as there are here in the states. Not that I would intentionally ride dirt on the Goldwing. :)

Rented there a few times. I've only rented their smaller bikes. Economical and fun. The speeds there aren't high. No need for bigger unless you go 2 up. DR 650 is at a good price too.

Good luck.
VINNY, AREN'T YOU FROM THERE?

Yes. When I visit family I take a break and go for a ride.

Northern Thailand is not hot. I have rode the area two different times and rented bikes in Chaing Mai. Brand new bikes, excellent roads and infrastructure. I went in Jan/Feb each time during dry season. You would need to check the weather condition for June or July.

Riding round trip from Germany to Turkey in May/June. I am really looking forward to Croatia. In previous travels I have heard a lot about Croatia and how it is where many of the Europeans vacation. Inexpensive (although getting more expensive), great beaches, warm, mountains. It sounds great. We are traveling through Bosnia, Herzegovina, Albania all the countries in the direction of Istanbul. We went to Norway in early 2018, cold, beautiful but expensive!!! Not near as many dirt roads in Europe as there are here in the states. Not that I would intentionally ride dirt on the Goldwing. :)
:thumb:

Japan. But only because it’s my gfs #1 destination and she said she’d do it 2up. Although June or July might be too late. Seems like April/May is the best time.

We're going to step foot into Alaska in June, then head over to Banff, then down through the Dakotas on the way home.

Alps.
Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland.
I need to make time for that trip "someday".

Good luck.
I've been following this company for a while. Would love to ride there and take one of their tours. but I am a noob when it comes to international travel( been to Canada LOL) Trying to find somebody with travel experience to travel with and show me the ropes. I've seen Locked Up Abroad. LOL.

Not the time to even think about travel outside the US. Any minor crash and hospitalization may kill you. Even here. Argentina or Chile is a great objective, rent a bike and ride the high desert, Patagonia. But man we are quarantined for a long spell now. Europe would be my last choice. Canada my first, likely cause I know the west part pretty well and feel safe there. Although the high Chinese population has toasted Vancouver and they surely travel eastward for entertainment. I think even the best of locales are going to be suspect for awhile, which means socially isolated, more short distance local moto /adv camping is in vogue... especially if you can carry enough freeze dried foods to not need to go into a store very often.. I think you could easily do a 2.5k- 3K mile loop somewhere and be largely self sufficient.

I think We are all stuck this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Japan in June is like TX in July. But more humid. When young I recall going bare chested through Toyko in the summer out of desperation and panic in the high humidity, and feeling like I was absolutely naked when the people looked at me in amazement. I must have violated some serious social taboo. I went there for 7 years, 2-3 weeks at a time, every three months, and I love Japan. I almost consider it a second home, and lost friends in the Tohoku/Sendai tsunami disaster, but would not want to ride there ever really. If you like riding in LA freeway traffic, you'll love it. If you don't mind reading signs in a real foreign language which you will never master, because there are over 1500 characters in the Chinese alphabet it draws on, and don't mind that the population density implies that there are NO real scenic roads/byways, yeah you may still enjoy the ride! Japan will be ill for a year at best, because they did not get into isolation quick enough, so start planning now for next year.

Nah, come on out and isolate like a madman at my place. I'll let folks in and they can camp on the river but I'm dead serious about the isolation. It feels so weird, but I know I need a good camp out frequently on my bike, and will still take a trek to AZ devils highway high country and off the pavement for camping before the spring is over. But boy will I slow down and smell the roses vs. running at 85 to knock off miles. I can't imagine ending up in a small hospital in the boondocks because I was in a hurry :-)

I've been to Ireland twice, driving a car each time thinking "this would be a great road on a bike" Ireland is cool and green in summer, but it can get a good bit of the wet stuff. I've wanted to go in May to attend the NW 200 in N. Ireland and then tour through Ireland, England, and Scotland. But that's just a warm thought nowadays. I did a Euro tour of Switzerland and Italy in 2007 (see avatar at Passo Del Stelvio), amazing trip and I'd like to to do another Euro ride. But like JFink is doing, ride through Croatia.

But my trips nowadays are domestic, Canada would be the closest I'd get to another country to ride in.

Still have plans to do a ride to TN/NC in June if restrictions are eased up. To a rider from Texas that almost rates as a tour to another country.

Our plans to Europe this year, have been waylaid by the pandemic. So, should this clear up this summer, we will likely head to Canada. In 2014 Chuck and I rode the entire Pacific Coast Highway, because, in 2003, we started that trip, but did not finish. That's another story. In 2010 we decided to ride the central part of the US all the way through Saskatchewan and Manitoba. We had started several trips from Houston in August, and the heat was miserable. So, for this trip, I had the bright idea to leave in April. The weather was perfect. Until ... Montana. Snow, ice, roads shut down, gasoline stations closed.
vCy2gjFsYIQEuVB_ubp5MLhGEikGoMpWxOCNs=w847-h635-no.jpg

Eventually, somehow, we made it through Saskatchewan to Manitoba, but never completed the trip around the lake. So, since we have cancelled the trip to Europe this year, we might just try to complete this trip as planned sometime in June. Waiting to see how all this pans out, at this point. If we do this, I can guarantee we won't leave in April! :)

I'm planning a trip for possibly 2021 that will take me from Italy through to Romania. Definitely aiming for warming months.

Back