• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour de France Bikes of the Motor Kind

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
If you've ever watched the TdF you've seen the plethora of TV coverage bikes leading, tailing & even in the middle of the Peloton. Thought this might interest the technology buffs out there -

Cool setup!

We used to do this exact thing on our Harley tours. The cameraman sits backward with either a tourpak as a camera platform of just a backrest as a stand for his camera. If the saddlebags are removed, the saddlebag frame acts as a step/stand for the cameraman. We do make the cameraman wear heavy boots as the saddlebag frame also doubles as muffler brace and get pretty warm to melt plastic soles!

Can't believe Yamaha was able to sell any of those things. I guess Europe, being scooter capital of the world, is more open to that weirdness since there's so many MP3s on the roads.

While I gave up road cycling in the 80s and took up MCs... I've always stayed interested in the TdF. Would be a great month long gig to pilot an MC for it.

Bicycle riding Tour of France...Didn't they cancel it this summer? Rescheduled?

Such as this feed
To be able to view it using the VPN to hide or change your region. I think I feel ya.

I test rode the Yamaha Niken last year. Looks weird but rides great. I would definitely buy a used one some day when I’m old. Seat is wide though. I’d need to do something about that.

Back