• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour Of Honor rides

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Another 400 mile jaunt today, but this time it only took 6 hours and the temps were much more agreeable. The sky was cloudless and there was no wind, but the horizons were hazy due to all the dust kicked up by the winds over the past week. Low temps were 48 for a long time and I had to kick on the heated grips, but then it warmed up into the 60s and 70s and it was really nice.

It hit the mid-80s on the way home which wasn't too bad other than a ten mile long backup just before I got home. A pickup truck had rolled into the ditch one mile before my exit so I just had to tough it out. I really look forward to a future in which motorcycles can lane split in Arizona like they do in California.

Today's ride was to hit two Tour Of Honor locations - Dateland and Marana, and to visit the house my parents lived at in 1953 when my mom first moved to Tucson to join my dad after they had gotten married in NJ. And since I was in Tucson, you know where I stopped for a quick bite; Lucky Wishbone.

The bike is now just a few miles short of 171,000.

Photos are in the Relive video.

Back