• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour Of Honor

Glenn, I use my dad's bomber sqdn number from his Korea days.

For those reading this, Glenn is the person that I mentioned above.

In Vietnam my father flew the F-105 with the 355th Tac Fighter Wing, 333rd Fighter Squadron... All are ToH numbers I've recently had, so I'll likely chose one of these as my permanent rider number.

I'll be in Texas for this years competition as I've already trophied in AZ and NM in prior years.

The link to the TOH site is www.tourofhonor.com and you can read all the rules, see information about the 2018 rides (as well as look at prior year locations), and start getting ready for the Dec 1 registration opening.
Texas has consistently numbered in the top 3 states of registered riders...(Texas, California & Florida)... you'll have some stiff competition!!!

Texas has consistently numbered in the top 3 states of registered riders...(Texas, California & Florida)... you'll have some stiff competition!!!

That's okay, it will be a change of pace for me as I've only competed in AZ and NM in the past. I'll be over towards the end of March to ride the IBA rally that I did not ride in September, then I'll ride TX for 1-2 days, then NM, then AZ. I might be able to string together a few SS1Ks.

Got my 2019 sticker.

TOH Swag showed up today.

Got mine today as well. Need to get my 344th Bombardment Sqdrn patch and my SAC patch transferred over from last year's flag.

Jeff, I see you ride a ST1300, I usually ride a ST1100 on longer rides but since I ruined my hip this past summer, I've been running my old wing.
Have we met at a ST Owners function or RTE?

Signed up this evening.
Thank you Pedro. It's a very humbling experience. Especially if you order the TOH chips with your number on them and give those away to WWII vets. I gave one to an Iwo Jima Marine last Saturday and he was very touched.

Jeff, I see you ride a ST1300, I usually ride a ST1100 on longer rides but since I ruined my hip this past summer, I've been running my old wing.
Have we met at a ST Owners function or RTE?

Not yet. I’m rehabbing my right shoulder and hopefully by April 1, I’ll be back in battery so I can ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not yet. I’m rehabbing my right shoulder and hopefully by April 1, I’ll be back in battery so I can ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good luck with that. I had tendon grafts in my left shoulder about 10 years ago, shoulders are dang hurtful.

Everybody ready?

Here's the weather for Mon, April 1

DFW = 61/41 40%
HOU = 66/46 40%
AUS = 67/45 40%
Texarkana = 59/41 40%
Abiline = 65/41 40%
Amarillo = 62/39 20%
Laredo = 69/50 10%
El Paso = 72/46 0%

Let's hope that Glenn has picked a bunch of sites on the west / southwest side of the state. But my gut tells me that I'm going to be wet for a lot of hours. I don't mind riding in the rain, but I do not like riding in the rain at night. I have faith in my Stich to keep me dry, and I've tossed my Frogg Toggs jacket on the bike as well just in case. But still... :miffed:

Here's my Spotwalla link: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1d08b5c9795f84e50a&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

It will go live about 4 am on Friday as I head to the Saturday Pie Run in Fairfield. I hope to see some of you at the sites come Monday morning. Be safe out there.

ps. Remember, if you're going to be hitting a lot of sites, notify your credit card company / bank ahead of time. You don't want to be in the middle of BFE at 4 am at an unattended station and get your card denied because it looks like fraud to the credit card company.

I would also suggest staying away from Shell stations as I had two of them decline my card during a SS1K last year. When I checked with my CC company they told me that they had not denied anything.

Brian, as you already know everything is bigger in Texas, so be forewarned.... You shouldn't have any problem getting a SS1K.
I hope to ride a neighboring state and it's looking like I'll be in the same rainy weather pattern...

Brian, you lived in Texas. You know that this time of year their forecasts are valid for about 15 minutes, lol. Besides, after your 50cc through Texas last year, I’m convinced a 40% chance of rain isn’t going to slow you down.
I don’t believe you will see me, my wife’s caregiver is taking some time off.
However, that doesn’t mean I can’t lend assistance if you have issues while in my part of the state.

51two 94zero eight89seven

Good luck and safe travels,
Tex

Brian, you have inside info? Or Glenn is an evil man. Texarkana to El Paso and Amarillo to Laredo? Ouch. Good luck. I’ll be following while I’m in OrRD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If I had inside info I would stage close to one of the sites, but no, Glenn is a good man and keeps everything close to the vest, so staging in Houston could be very good or very bad for me. Last year I staged in Las Cruces and then had to ride back west to hit the first site and then back east past Las Cruces to hit the next site. I lost about 2-3 hours doing that, and I missed 1st place by 20 minutes.

Good luck to anyone riding tonight. I'm staged in The Woodlands, already did my pre-flight inspection, cleaned all my lighting, filled my hydration system, tested the printer in the business center, etc. Now I'm waiting for a pizza delivery to the room. I'll pig out, take a sleeping pill, try to rest until 10 pm, then load the bike, sit down at the computer at 11 pm, and hopefully have it routed and in the GPS, and out of the parking lot by midnight. Maybe I'll see you on the road somewhere.

Back