• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour Of Honor

Just looked at the Texas sites. Google maps says it would "only" take me 21 hours and change to do all them starting and end at CASA Hansen. Somehow I think NOT. Again good luck Brian.

My garmin is telling me using the coordinates, 1001 miles to get them from my house. 16:15 clock time, right!!.

I’m not running though, I’m on duty till Wednesday morning.

Safe travel to all that are trying for the trophies.

Mine came back at about 1230 miles round trip. Not a chance of this old body doing that in 24 hours. 1230 miles and never leave the state......:giveup:

He's doing great. Averaged right at 50 mph through the night with 4 sites done, terrific. Now daylight with mostly sunny skies and more open road conditions. I'm guessing around 8PM to pick up the last site in Midland. It does appear he'll need about another hour of riding to get enough miles to complete yet another SS1000. Barring unforeseen issues, I can't imagine he won't trophy. He picked a great location to stage.

Texas is a tough state to trophy in. I see 2 riders going counterclockwise that look to be on a pace to finish around 16:30, and 1 rider going clockwise that looks like he could finish around 15:30. Very efficient pace so far.

Safe ride to all the riders!

Rich

Spotwalla is awesome. This is better than watching a movie. Go Texas T !!

Wow that was fast! At least 3 riders have finished Texas and been scored already. The scorers are really on top of things this year. I've never seen results before the next morning in years past. Congratulations to the trophy winners!

Rich

Looks like he settled at candlewood suites in Monahans Texas @11:23pm. 👍

As you could see, no trophy this year. If I had stayed in Arizona I would have had 2nd for sure and possibly first, but at least I got a Texas in-state SS1K out of it on top of the Extreme SS for doing all 7 sites.
I cut my week short due to some family medical issues, so I rolled into the driveway 7 hours short of 7 full days on the road with 3,584 miles on the bike.
Bed time for now, but details and photos later this weekend.

Thanks for all the moral support!

I don’t know if the link works but if it opens it’s my track for my Texas Tour of Honor. An earlier post stated my gps showed 1001 miles, actual mileage was 1006. I’m thinking the extra 5 miles was trying to see the Ft Worth site then circling trying to get the correct photo. The site was a nightmare for me, 6:00 pm traffic, I think I spent about a hour getting it done. I rolled through the night and picked up Mineral Wells, Childress and Canyon site about 4:30am. Heading south towards Midland, it got really dark. Dark as in at 75 mph I lost all my lights. Getting stopped in total darkness at that speed without leaving the road caused a tremendous surge in my Pucker Factor. I lost a lot of time getting some lights working. Finally got my headlights and stoplights going. Who needs tail lights?

It was close, clocked out in Midland with 23 minutes to spare to get an Extreme SS1000 done. I rode back home. Total time including getting to my starting site in Round Rock and back home was 31 hours of saddle time.

My wing is in pieces in my shop so I rode my 22 year old ST 1100. I can say without doubt my butt prefers the wing seat to the ST’s seat.

An earlier post stated my gps showed 1001 miles, actual mileage was 1006.

Best of luck in getting that approved. That is cutting it REALLY close. I hope they give you the benefit of the doubt. What was the issue between Amarillo and Lubbock?

Yes, that FT Worth location was a real pain to get to / out of. I wound up taking some little cart path that curved around the back side of the memorial, and then when I left I rode on the sidewalk to get to the parking lot. (I know, shame on me)

The location below is where I lost my flag. :tears:

A little clarification, I was just commenting on how close the estimated mileage was to the actual mileage to get all the photos. I realized it was to close so I jumped on I 20 and added some miles to Stanton for safety. That left me 23 minutes.

That dang blue line on my track, I have no clue what happened. The same thing happened on my Round All Texas track. It’s possible that because of the way I wear my spot on my jacket it lost tracking temporarily.

Heck Brian, I lost my original flag without leaving my ranch. I’m pretty dang sure the Chupacabras ate it.

I feel like such a Slacker!

How do you think I feel compared to my friend Jim?

HHT8UD0W88b13Fz8hG3Tkzwa1mk&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

S5TF2TZlywwvEVFNmWdPChP1QKg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

pEfGM4S2m95SeKl9ZnedkO7gawg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

07uBFjR3VH7ZYq2Tb6dedobanko&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

j8SYpkGmrKrE9CdPMqqKSe1ZUSU&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

He missed out on 1st place by one position. The guy that took 1st flew to Hawaii the last week, rented a bike, and rode to memorials over there.
vIHShjtyN3GS0-gbG2w_kJriydE&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.png

Jim retired at the end of last year and has a wife who is not only VERY understanding of his travels but even washes his bike for him when he returns.
FL0NA3R2Zd5CTKmOLmN0X42ad14&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Ok. Now I’m apparently not only a slacker but slacking off being the aforementioned Slacker. In my defense, I’m having to spend most of my free time (riding time) at MD Anderson Cancer Center trying to slow down what I’m told is incurable. But I’m hopeful, so much so I brought this home the other day.

She’s a left over 2015. She came with full factory warranty and a new set of tires.

It's good to have goals, no matter what the situation. I think Jim's is a leftover 2016 that he got for a good price. Maybe it's time for me to upgrade.

Got the same number again. 678.
So this year my goal is to get memorials in more states and lay off of completing a state. Granted I will have to at least complete Tejas. Something else in planning is NO interstates, I want to slow down and flower sniff on the Sporty. Only 100ish miles of range so we will see how it goes.

I paid a deposit to keep my lucky 8s , question is when is the balance due? I thought I had an email addressing the subject, cannot find it. Don’t want to lose my deposit or my number.

Back