• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tour of the Davy Crockett NF 12/05/15

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
I prefer to go shopping ... said no motorcycle rider ever! What are you riding?

my6

First Name
David
Someone please tell me more about this route....Anyone been up there lately?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Been a while since I was last up there. There are some places with fun sand. There might be some mud if it has rained recently. I usually ride it two up on my 1200 GS, so not super technical.

my6

First Name
David
Do you have the total mileage and time needed to complete it?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Do you have the total mileage and time needed to complete it?
See this post,

I was actually just thinking I might run this or a similar route on Black Friday if the weather is decent. I usually get that day free.

Link to GPX here,

The GPX file should give you distance. As for time, it really depends on conditions and how fast you ride. If I were leaving Huntsville to do the ride, I would leave here around 9:00am and probably be home around 5-7pm depending on how the ride went.

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
I'm interested if a ride comes together.

Scott, I'm curious if you could let me know about the best parts in there. I'd be coming down from Palestine and would like to ride down some scenic dirt roads in that area.

my6

First Name
David
Well, the Voodoo Weather People now say theres only a 30% chance of rain tomorrow which is about normal for this part of Texas all summer long.

I'm game.....:rider::coffee: