• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Towns in Texas with the silliest names

Has anyone ever seen Stranger???

What do you call folks from Stranger? Strangers!
022-2.jpg

Maybe they're strangers to the folks in Odds ...which is just north of Stranger

Pipe Creek Tx (a strange name when you think about it), has some interesting place names: Starvation Hill, Hill of Contentment, Privilege Creek and It'll Do Lane.

Thankfully, I've yet to come across a bump gate on Bump Gate Rd.

I didn't see in the search the town called Swartwout. Nothing but a church and a couple houses now on the SE corner of Lake Livingston. We drive through it every time we go to the lake.

Nockanut, between nixon and stockdale on fm1681.

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

Mercury just north of Brady. Zephyr is east of Brownwood. Skeeterville, north of Richland Springs in San Saba County. Bozar is north of Goldthwaite. Love riding through Cranfillls Gap and Kopperl in Bosque County. Then there's Pidcoke and Pancake near Ft. Hood. And finally Fischer (Store) and Hunter in Comal County. All great places to ride through and experience Texas (translation: friends).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
From Wiki:

"The name Zephyr, meaning soft, gentle wind, was first used by land surveyors who were trapped in the area during a blue norther."

"On May 30, 1909, an F4 tornado struck Zephyr, killing 34 people and injuring 70. Most of the deaths occurred in residential areas on the southern and eastern sides of the community. To date, the Zephyr tornado remains one of the deadliest tornadoes in the state's history."

Last edited:
It's funny to see this thread bumped today, because we actually rode through Tarzan (the town that gave me the idea to start this thread seven years ago) last Sunday on our way to the old Sinclair station in Ackerly.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwNzKS1YZw"]Achievement "Unlicked" : Ackerly, Texas [Motorcycle Vlog 72] - YouTube[/ame]

Happy Hill is a little community outside of Venus in Johnson County. Blum is out by Lake Whitney, and Eulogy is out near Brazos Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a Turkey, TX here in my county.

While riding through SE OK a few months ago I came across a town named "Corn, OK".

My sis in law Dianne recently told me... the restaurant at Wilderville reopened after being closed for years. My bro Bill & her usta bring pies from there to our family gettogethers

We're gonna try to make run through a town called "Elbow" this weekend. :sun:

Hoard, north of Tyler. Word is not to insult those people, they let go of nothin'

Back