• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tracer 900GT?

Whoa! Has about 115 HP if I'm not mistaken. You desire more? NVM ....of course you do😂😂😂
It isn't all about HP numbers and Tim Allen grunts. On long all day rides, larger engines will be turning lower RPMs at highway speeds, with less vibration. Plus, for the long haul, there is something to be said about a heavy bike, which in and of itself makes the ride smoother and less affected by crosswinds and buffeting from other larger road vehicles. Plus, if you ever experience a stiff headwind - one that will blow you off your bike at a stand still - you might appreciate having the extra oomph to help you punch forward at speed.

If most of what you do is solo tooling around town and day rides over back roads, then you might be very happy with a lighter bike with more modest HP.

On several occasions, I made a one-day mad dash to DFW and back to Houston. I've done that on several different bikes, include once on a Speed Triple R and, later, with a Sprint GT. Virtually identical engines (1050cc triple), but the experiences couldn't be more different. By the time I rolled into the garage on my S3R, I couldn't wait to get off it. My neck was sore from fighting the headwind for 8hrs, and my wrists were buzzing 2hrs afterwards. With the Sprint GT... not such problems. I could easily have eaten dinner and went on anther 200 mile ride. The added weight on the Sprint GT went into more than just a nice full fairing. My original intention was to turn the S3R into a convertible sport tourer, but I found out the hard way that it takes more than farkeling to do one right. Others will probably disagree, but that was based on my own experience.

Congrats on the bike. I have 42,000 on my 2015 FJ-09 with no problems. There are loads of aftermarket accessories available. The beak is controversial in the FJ-09/Tracer community...to each his own.

tracer900.net is active, check it out.

thought about it. Rode my buddy's FJ, got his instead

thanks. I'm guessing the FJ has more engine performance and cruise control but the Duc has better handling and certainly looks, I like the riding position better too.

Mine has less than 4K miles, I'm thinking about selling, only because its too tall for me, has sergeant seat, stock seat also, stock screen etc. $6900, I also added LED blinkers, sliders as pictured, just inspected two weeks ago. 2015 Faster Red Version ECU has been flashed to improve FI, reduce throttle cut on decel, removed 115 MPH Limit .

Last edited:
I have it on good inside info....
That another one of my friends is going ta sell his 2019 Tracer GT. Its a great bike...with only 1400 miles...but sez he's more comfy riding the Tenere.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Back