• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Track day insurance

Reaction score
Based on my research so far, I think I know the answer to this question already but wanted to throw it out there just in case I missed something.

Do any insurance companies offer per-event on-track physical damage coverage for motorcycles at a track day, like RideSmart? Thanks in advance.

I've yet to have an insurance company ask me for the exact location of my crash. I call, tell them I need to file a claim because I crashed my motorcycle. They have me drop it off at a dealership for an estimate or they send someone to come and get it. You might remove the tape off the headlight before you send it in though. I had a friend who was an adjuster for motorcycles only and would look for race bikes being claimed, but that's different than a track day.

Also, Ridesmart will tell you that RS is a school, not a racing organization and thus should be covered by your insurance. Still, see my first paragraph.

Interesting. I haven't wrecked any of my bikes (knock on wood) but it's interesting that they wouldn't be more specific as to location.

Regarding RideSmart, my policy excludes riding on any racetrack or closed course. As I read it, the exclusion is intended to be broad enough to exclude schools like RideSmart, even though it's not "racing".

My bike was covered for a track day crash at TWS about 20 years ago. I was up front with the insurance company. They asked if I was racing and I explained that I was taking a class. I haven't had anything but liability on a bike since so I don't have any recent experience.

Back