• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tragic accident

I saw one post on FB mention that he was being charged with 7 counts of Negligent Manslaughter. Can't find the link now :doh:

Reactions: Lar
Unfortunately people who are not legally allowed to drive still do so.

I see a lot of driving records. A legal prohibition does not equal what a person actually does. That young man is responsible for what he did, no matter how he did it.

Two things I'd like to know. First, did he have a green card or not. The Montgomery County Police Reporter and a number of op-ed websites say he was in the country illegally and a number of news outlets report his farther said he had just been issued a green card. Also, did the Baytown police do a toxicology test on him when they arrested him for the crack pipe. It seems that his erratic behavior and the arrest for drug paraphernalia would have called for that. There appears to be a pattern emerging of questionable behavior and missed opportunities.

I feel the same way Mr. Ribeiro states about just a resignation. There seems to be no end in America, the land of more lawyers and judges than the rest of the world together (so I read}. The law is supposed to work like an x-ray, or cat scan, it just shows you what's wrong it can't cure the problem.

Had the same thing happen in Bandera at the Thin Blue Line MC (mainly cops) event. Drunk, illegally here, crossed yellow. At breakfast time.

I think multiple deaths are indicative of formation riding mindset. Owning the whole road. Improper spacing. Not behaving independently.

I know some churches that have looked into cell phone signal blockers. Apparently they're illegal in the hands of private citizens.

There may be technology solutions. It isn't hard for the industry to create something that blocks certain cell phone functions when a car is in motion - that's there in some apps, and in Garmin GPSs, but it's voluntary; this would have to be mandatory to be effective. But can technology block the driver without blocking the passengers? There may be a way to do so, but I can't visualize it. Ultimately, the answer still comes back to people behaving responsibly and accountably when behind the wheel of a car - or for that matter, in the seat of a motorcycle.
make the auditorium a Faraday cage? not sure if that would really block it or not.

Back