• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trail markings

Aspear

Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
One can only hope!

Thank yall

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
These companies that sell the trail markings would do well to link to the article on their product pages, blogs, etc. Or if you've retained copyright, maybe they would be interested in publishing also.

These companies that sell the trail markings would do well to link to the article on their product pages, blogs, etc. Or if you've retained copyright, maybe they would be interested in publishing also.
That's a very good idea!

Excellent write up. Good work and thanks for sharing.

11f212e5fe59de4da5cb442bbf3556f2.gif

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Excellent write up on trail marking, and I enjoyed your expose’ on how you were introduced to riding. I rode jeep trails as a kid growing up on military bases, and even procured a map of the ranges, which showed where UXB was where you didn’t want to ride. Not all of the trails were marked, so we used cairns to mark which trails were safe to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent write up on trail marking, and I enjoyed your expose’ on how you were introduced to riding. I rode jeep trails as a kid growing up on military bases, and even procured a map of the ranges, which showed where UXB was where you didn’t want to ride. Not all of the trails were marked, so we used cairns to mark which trails were safe to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

Thread Hyjack....

Explain why there appears to be two survey points here. One close to the road, one close to the fence line.
Northwestern Corner of Texas
The disc in the ground is the survey monument. The orange marker in the fence is a witness post, basically a stake to say "hey its close to here".
2f8d7d3fde9481ccc87cd32ea26cd33c.jpg

Ok let me ask a different way. According to these photos, why are there 2 separate pins (discs) in the ground imbeded in concrete. (Seems to be one on the shoulder of the road also)

I'm not driving the 732 miles to find out either. I'm just here to spread hate and discontent.

Back