• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trailer Tire Mounted?

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
Does anybody in the general area (I'm in Arlington) have the capability of mounting a trailer tire for me? 13" tubeless radial.

Discount used to do them more or less for free; now they charge all the usual car tire fees, which adds up to a hefty stack of extra cash.

Get a buddy and 3 large tire tools .... I bet you two can get it mounted.

Walmart charged $5 the last time I went ~3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm perfectly willing to learn if somebody has the tools and the time. But without a compressor, I doubt I could pop the tire to seat properly in any case, if I did it by myself.

If you can come down to Rendon we can do it on my tire machine. I'll PM the number.

Thanks. It'll be a little while. With all that's going on, I haven't had time to mess with the tire. I appreciate it, Mike.

That offer is open pretty much any time. It's here, it may as well get some use.

Try a ratchet strap along the center of the tire. I've done it on a riding lawn mower to seat the bead.

Try a ratchet strap along the center of the tire. I've done it on a riding lawn mower to seat the bead.
I've used this on large tractor tires

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey Crew Chief & spokedoc -- Wanted to get back to both of you about your generous offers to help me with trailer tire. Given the need for social distancing right now, I've decided to just drop the wheel at Discount & let them deal with it. Besides, that way, I get a road hazard warranty on the tire as well. Thanks, gentlemen.

When I need something like that I head for the N side of FW.. There are a lot of Hispanic mom and pop places that will do it usually while you wait..

Back