• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trashcan Rally screen

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video on making a Windscreen for a DRZ out of a trashcan. So I thought why not give it a shot? Most fairings have similar dimensions and a Rubbermaid trashcan only cost 6 bucks. Anyway, didn't take long and came out pretty decent. Might try it with plexiglass and a heat gun to make the bends.

It was pretty easy and it's cool that you can simply change the angles/height/width pretty quickly. I rode around the block and it works pretty good! I can see doing a clear plexiglass version...I kept my template.

12x24 sheet of acrylic only costs 12 bucks at Home Depot. Got to make another trip!!!!

Holy Stuff!
This has to be in the Top 10 of Best DIY vids ever. Thank you for sharing. :clap: So much information and experience packed into 8:30.
My favorite part starts at 2:44. "I'll warn you now. With one that 15" tall or taller. If you get into technical terrain, and you're in an attack position, this thing can catch the bottom of your helmet. ... It kind of bothered me so I chunked it...I stopped at a Wal~Mart and cut that out with a pocket knife and rode it home...".

Interesting, I saw someone on youtube do this and I have a $2 walmart trashcan hanging off the handlebars of my DRZ waiting on me to get around to that part, thanks for sharing and great to see how yours turned out.

Interesting, I saw someone on youtube do this and I have a $2 walmart trashcan hanging off the handlebars of my DRZ waiting on me to get around to that part, thanks for sharing and great to see how yours turned out.
Do.....iiiiiiitttttt!!!

I had it on my DRZ for a while now. It works really well. I got in trouble with my wife for using her trash can, though.:lol2:

JJPK1293.jpeg

Back