• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Traveling bike Pictures

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Smith
Lets see your bikes loaded down ready for traveling.

1983 R100RS
RSloaded.jpg

2000R1150GS
DSC00093.jpg

V Star 1100

98624[/ATTACH]"]
100_1097.jpg

scary stuff :rofl:

Attachments

• 100_1097.jpg
    100_1097.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 201
So, where did you move to? :-P

Just anyplace I want to move to :rofl:

there is even a table and chair on there, but I almost have my trailer finished but I had to come work in Ga until Christmas :trust:

So far i have missed a outing to Del Rio, I will miss one in COMANCHE, Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Nov, and Kerville. I do hope to make one in Feb out in BB

3,200 miles in 6 days of riding through TN,NC,SC & VA :rider:

Attachments

• BR Left.jpg
    BR Left.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 195
  • DG Right.jpg
    DG Right.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 211
On the way to MotoGP last month. It was a week long trip, so I think I ended up packing relatively light.

P9090011.jpg

Here's mine with my standard load for travel. The saddlebags are the Mini-Sport from Nelson-Rigg. Tank bag is from Bell. Tailrack is from Renntec. Engine bars are from Hepco-Becker. That's a black duffel bag across the seat, and an orange First-Aid kit. I now travel with a SPOT tracker. The small displacement engine (250cc) does well on long travel :)

CIMG1253.jpg

Last edited:
vfrloaded.jpg

I'm sure some of you will recognize this road in Arkansas.

st1100wet.jpg

That's my ST1100 from a few years back. We were returning from Honda Hoot in Asheville, NC when we got dumped on. That's my wife's PC800 to the left and her trying to drip dry.

From my trip in August:

67-4.JPG

dirty.JPG

About everything I needed for 3,000mi and 4 nights of camping :rider:

trey

Hill country camping:
127686651_n69MF-M.jpg

Beach camping - everything fit in the panniers just the way I wanted!
274289442_CApa7-M.jpg

Well, until we stopped at the store for a few things...
274289524_YePr3-M.jpg

Used to overpack, plus the Givi E21 cases were just too small for me.
62958009_UsZu5-M.jpg

Now, even with full camping gear and everything needed for a two week trip I'm down to just panniers and a tailbag.
288293915_bfw7T-M.jpg

Who about a bike with a trailer, The wife packs everything, but the kitchen sink,,
Taosvacation012.jpg

Hairsmith,

Tell me about the beads you have on your seat. I have been using a gel pad (no wool cover). I am looking for another solution for my longer rides.

Mike

I bought my beads at walmart, 9.00 dollars, i then cut them to fit,,,
I use them on my KLR, ST 1300, Dl 1000,,, Or you can buy them just for motorcycles about 45.00 at a motorcycle shops,,,,,
Keeps monkey butt away, keeps cool, And helps with the blood flow.....
For 9 bucks try it, If you don't like them,Toss them, Just 9 bucks...
Mike

Hairsmith,

Tell me about the beads you have on your seat. I have been using a gel pad (no wool cover). I am looking for another solution for my longer rides.

Mike

...Keeps monkey butt away, keeps cool, And helps with the blood flow...

I used a gel pad on my recent Mexico ride. No sheep skin on it. It was only marginally better than using gel-padded bicycle shorts. I will try the beads :thumb:

Ride Around Texas R.A.T.
Z1.jpg

Ride Around Texas R.A.T.
Z2.jpg

Montana Trip
Z4.jpg

Arkansas Trip
Z3.jpg

2008 TAR - Notice the Replacable 10 Gallon Waterproof Free-niers :thumb:;-)
2008_TAR_24th_-_27th_001.jpg

Last edited:
Hairsmith,

Mike

The beads are not the fix all, I mostly use them for rides in extremely hot weather to help with air flow. Longest day with them was 800 miles in 14 hours. That day it was 102 for a high temp. They do help move the pressure points as long as your willing to move you seating position. One other thing I found is they rase the seat hight about an inch.

2 Months, 30 States, Some Camping- 11,000 miles before my bike broke down (1,000 miles from home)

Attachments

• BeverlyHillbillies.jpg
    BeverlyHillbillies.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Loaded.jpg
    Loaded.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 202
Back