• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Riding

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Crabtree
I think we need a trials riding thread here, so I thought I would post up and just check out how many of us have our toe's in this pool. I have a Gas Gas 280, RollingJ has a Gas Gas 250, (I think) and Motoloco posted up that he just started riding trials.
I will post some back yard pictures from today later.

Sam

Here is some pictures Mrs. C took of today's exercises.

Front wheel stoppies.

TWTTrials2.jpg

TWTTrials3.jpg

Wheelie before the stoppie. :rider:

TWTTrial1.jpg

And finally practicing the "double blip over a stump.

TWTTrials4.jpg

Lots of fun in the dogs yard, heck they weren't using it. :trust:

Next is to try a 90 deg. swing while doing a front stoppie. And getting more accustomed to turning and stopping while doing a wheelie. :loco:

Sam

I have been having a great time in the back yard and it's actually quieter than my lawn mower. I did not realize that putting a 13 tooth sprocket on the 200 does not make it a trials bike, till I rode a trials bike. Riding it is great fun and very challenging,:rider: if you are trying to learn trials skills. But I still need to get out to Emma Long and meet the trials club. Then I will get some schooling! :trust:

Sam

i want one bad, they look like a ton of fun and can really improve your dirt bike skills from what i have heard/seen. :clap:

Well, it might take me a few months to get my "want" convertEd into a "got"... But I'm scheming on a plan. :trust: I really don't know why I haven't had one of these up in my Ozarks barn for the last decade. What a great woods hiking bike! Some folks are just plain slow to catch on I guess. :doh:

I've had 4 and then get bored when there's nobody to ride with after the newness wears off! Might get another. I was watching one on TON, but it was in Austin, lazy, but sold today! Maybe soon.

I could see how it might get boring if you never had anyone to ride with. I see 'em out at Rio at times, but it never quite looks that exciting. I think Emma Long is the place to be for doing that kinda stuff. They have the terrain to make it real! I would like to get some proper technique schooling from some of those fellas... then go up to the ranch and practice for a year or two, until I don't embarrass myself.

Mine will be up for sale as soon as I press the new steering stem axle into the triples and sticking it back together.

I'm selling the homeplace and moving to Louisiana two years before plan, and won't have the time or place to ride it.

It bites and rocks at the same time. ;-)

Wow! That was a pretty short ownership. I hope this early move means things are going better than expected for you? What part of the mud bug state will you be moving to? We may need to arrange an all nighter dual sport trip to visit you.:trust:

Mine will be up for sale as soon as I press the new steering stem axle into the triples and sticking it back together.

I'm selling the homeplace and moving to Louisiana two years before plan, and won't have the time or place to ride it.

It bites and rocks at the same time. ;-)

:rider:

Yeah, one ride. 3 laps at Emma Long. LOL!

As much as I want to get into riding the hard stuff slowly, it does not appear that now is the time. It is really fine, I'm pretty excited about the move to Lake Charles. I'm going to sell the new-to-me Husqvarna as well and buy a brand new or very low mile city bike. Yes, a CRF250L. It will run the ET450 just fine, thank you

The trials bike is a 99 TXT270 and it runs right. when the forks are on it. I'm going to ask $2000 firm, and I'll still lose a pretty good chuck of value.

I'll be watching and see what I can do! maybe it'll work out.

I'm going to sell the new-to-me Husqvarna as well and buy a brand new or very low mile city bike. Yes, a CRF250L. It will run the ET450 just fine, thank you

I owned a brand new 2014 CRF250L for 3 months.
After the honeymoon was over, I parted ways with it.
Bike didn't hardly have any ponies to be useful in dirt or street.
Maybe you'll have better luck w/ one.

Anyways, this's my son, unhitching that Austin trials bike advertised on CL & TON.
Another day, another impulsive buy.:mrgreen:
attachment.php

I won't (shouldn't) be riding w/ my knee still blown out...we see. 3 weeks now limping around....i need my fix real bad! :biggun:

Attachments

• Beta Evo.jpg
    Beta Evo.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,270
I owned a brand new 2014 CRF250L for 3 months.
After the honeymoon was over, I parted ways with it.
Bike didn't hardly have any ponies to be useful in dirt or street.
Maybe you'll have better luck w/ one.

Anyways, this's my son, unhitching that Austin trials bike advertised on CL & TON.
Another day, another impulsive buy.:mrgreen:
attachment.php

I won't (shouldn't) be riding w/ my knee still blown out...we see. 3 weeks now limping around....i need my fix real bad! :biggun:

wow, that looks like a steal!

Yea, I got a good deal on this one. 2 owner bike, both from Austin. Seller only lives 1/2 mile down the road from me, knows & rides w/ all the Emma trials club riders. It's all good in the 'hood. This Beta might go to my son if he's serious about getting back into trials.

My son, Daniel, who is about to be 9 wants to ride trials. How do I get him started? I have ZERO trials skills. I can build a course in the big back yard. What bike? Where to find it? How to teach him?

When I was younger, lighter and more limber, I had one of these.

Campera_.jpg

I remember seeing Sammy Miller in magazines on one so I had to have one... Loved that little bike, couldn't do what Sammy could but has a lot of fun trying. They are nothing compared to today's machines.

My son, Daniel, who is about to be 9 wants to ride trials. How do I get him started? I have ZERO trials skills. I can build a course in the big back yard. What bike? Where to find it? How to teach him?

Cheek eBay for Yamaha 80 trials. Really cool. I could get him started. European models come in 125 for a modern package.

Back