• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trip to each "letter" town in Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Truesdale
Since I retired a couple of years ago (from full time work) I needed something to keep me busy (or so said my Bride) so I pulled out a road map of Texas and made a list of the first town in each alphabetical section: Abbot, Bacliff, Cactus etc. Then I plotted them using a mapping program into blocks of towns near each other and planned my trips. I ride to the town/area and take a picture of my bike in front of the town sign or post office. Have been to about half of them so far, mostly in the Corpus Christi area and the Houston/East Texas area. Caught Cactus on a trip to Colorado a year or so ago. Having fun and it gives me a good reason to ride to different parts of Texas. Might have to find the pics and post a couple of trip reports.
Ride safe
Tom

That is cool. I can't wait to retire and have nothing to do also.

Bob,
Have to agree with you, seems I work more now then when I was collecting a check. LMAO

Tom

Jim,
If it did I would have my "X" as I rode that way going to Denver a few years back. Interesting trip as I found out just how bad it can be when you get hit by about 5 gallons of cow poo when riding a bike. Long story which might get told at a later date. Still brings a smile to me remembering my constant thought: "Don't lick your lips, don't lick your lips, don't lick your lips" took about 30 miles to find a place to wash up.
Tom

If the XIT counts, then I've got all 26.

What's the collective think about "X" and "XIT" ranch? If the other 25 are in Texas as well, why not? Did the ranch ever have it's own post office or Pony Express mail delivery?

I will say that the XIT works for me if there is a sign showing the name somewhere. Some of the places are just wide spots in the road with a sign post.

M38A1 what did you use as your "R" town I tried to use RABB but could not find a sign for it on the ground.

Tom

I will say that the XIT works for me if there is a sign showing the name somewhere. Some of the places are just wide spots in the road with a sign post.

M38A1 what did you use as your "R" town I tried to use RABB but could not find a sign for it on the ground.

Tom

R = Rockport

And I just looked at my folder. I had the YO Ranch, not XIT Ranch. :doh: And I still need "Q" somewhere close to Austin. Guess I have a little road trip in the near future!

Here is a alternative for a "X" Town.

HPIM0360.jpg

Its populated as much as a small town 24/7/365 and isn't a bad little ride in the western Panhandle. The plant is located south of Earth, TX on FM 1055.

R = Rockport

And I just looked at my folder. I had the YO Ranch, not XIT Ranch. :doh: And I still need "Q" somewhere close to Austin. Guess I have a little road trip in the near future!

Quitaque, TX pronounced "kitty-quay". Its on the way through the canyonlands of the Texas panhandle. Highways 70, 86 and 207 are the most scenic rides around..... in this part of Texas.

I think there are a few living residents in Concrete. If not (in ) Concrete they are just on the outskirts :lol2:

Back