• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trippin' Connies 4: Blown Away

Outstanding!!!!

Properly jealous of your trip!

Also thanks for taking to time and making the effort to photograph it the way you did.

If you have LR4 you should seriously put this together as a photobook for your Dad and Bro. Super easy to do, and makes a great coffee table conversation piece. You essentially completed it already in this Ride Report.

Wonderful trip reports. I've really enjoyed following yall around.

Enjoyed it as usual.

Just curious, do you have any pictures of your dad enjoying himself? :rofl:

Thanks for the comments. :sun:

Duke: You're killing me! I'm trying to hold off on upgrading to LR4 until I get a new computer, which may be as late as next year. I'm still working with LR3. :doh: I wasn't aware it had that photobook creator, but that's right up my alley. Thanks!

Fantastic pictures! The West makes it so hard for me to go East. lol! Thanks for sharing yur trip with us.

Enjoyed it as usual.

:doh: I'll have to go back and check. :mrgreen:

ST/SV: Speak up, did you get any enjoyment out of this trip????

Fantastic pictures! The West makes it so hard for me to go East. lol! Thanks for sharing yur trip with us.

Exactly my feelings! We went East 2 years ago, and while it was a great trip (other than one bad day on US 421), I love the openness and the diversity of the land out West.

Enjoyed it as usual.

After I finished reading this, that's what I was thinking gixxer. It did look like I had a miserable time but I didn't. TC's are pretty grueling but anytime you can get out and discover America with your 2 sons it's pretty cool. Heck, their Mom and I just got back yesterday evening from the Barber races in Alabama, 1550 miles round trip on the ST, you should have seen my face then. :rofl:

I'm glad you chimed in, I was kind of wondering if this was becoming that thing you do to keep the kids happy or if you were really into it. I was hoping it was how it turned out though, but dang if the pics don't paint a different view. Of course, we kids like to capture our parents on film at their best, right? :mrgreen:

This report has been great.

Quote Duke: "Did you hit up antelope canyon while you were in Page?

Sure didn't! :doh:

The guide part sounds like a bummer, but that place looks pretty amazing. Guess we'll have to go back. :trust:

Lots of slot canyons in southern Utah and northern Arizona that are free. Some require rope work, some require swimming, some require you to be skinny. Spooky and Peak a Boo are fairly easy and spectacular, also they can both be hiked as a loop hike. Here's a link to a Spooky gulch video. Jump to 2:55 to see why some slots require you to be skinny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL1RErKqfeU"]Spooky Gulch - YouTube[/ame]

Another free one:
slot.jpg

Good info!

That video was interesting. Spooky may not be for me. :lol2:

Thanks for the comments. :sun:

Duke: You're killing me! I'm trying to hold off on upgrading to LR4 until I get a new computer, which may be as late as next year. I'm still working with LR3. :doh: I wasn't aware it had that photobook creator, but that's right up my alley. Thanks!

LR4 is worth upgrading to now. :rider:

This explains why my FJR was acting strange earlier this month.

Great pics.

hey Larry congrats on retirement What a great way to spend it. on the bike with the boys. :clap:

Back