• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph dirt bikes?

Just read the same thing.

World's first 250cc triple dirt bike! :-)
Nice to see a new player. Visions of Aprilia and Cannondale dance in the back of my mind tho. Not an easy task.

Also first thing was to make sure today wasn't April 1st, lol.

I haven't seen any patent applications filed to go along with this story. Maybe it's too early. No matter. Choice is good for us consumers but I'm still scratching my head about why Triumph would want to enter this space that's already filled to the brim with VERY established and competitive brands. The potential slice of the pie is so small and the only dirt heritage Triumph has is with scramblers, not MX or enduro. I know they can make a great bike but this doesn't make sense to enter this market space, especially when ICs are being pushed on us. It would be a short lived IC based venture and I don't believe Triumph has done any electric research of their own yet.

Nice to see a new player. Visions of Aprilia and Cannondale dance in the back of my mind tho. Not an easy task.
The Cannondale was pushing some boundaries but was short on delivery. They were using FI, oil in frame, air intake through a 2 piece frame, reverse cylinder before Yamaha. It was about 30 lbs too heavy and the suspension wasn't balanced front to rear either. They didn't stick around long enough to address their performance issues but certainly could have but they gave up too quickly.

ATK tried to remedy some things but the public had already moved on. If there was anything worth buying, it was the 700cc 2 stroke they made.

Last edited:
Just in, Triumph scored this model from BMW
221871896_2979090375702609_1634871618570031348_n.jpg
221436907_2979090409035939_5806406494351450745_n.jpg

The Cannondale was pushing some boundaries but was short on delivery. They were using FI, oil in frame, air intake through a 2 piece frame, reverse cylinder before Yamaha. It was about 30 lbs too heavy and the suspension wasn't balanced front to rear either. They didn't stick around long enough to address their performance issues but certainly could have but they gave up too quickly.

ITK tried to remedy some things but the public had already moved on. If there was anything worth buying, it was the 700cc 2 stroke they made.
ATK?

Wow, I forgot about ATK. I had a 605 for a while. Lots of torque and decent suspension for the day. I don't remember what year it was.

Cool news? I hope the new bikes look better and are priced better than the current dual sport.

Attachments

• 828231E8-B4AE-457B-BC73-3CD0D543558F.jpeg
    828231E8-B4AE-457B-BC73-3CD0D543558F.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 99
Yea, I saw someting about it yesterday, at first I figured KTM purchased Triumph to add anouther color to the rainbow of the KTM, HUSKY, GASGAS lineup
they have orange, white and red covered they need some BRG (British Racing Green) to add to the rainbow

From what I've heard thru the grape vine from those that are close with Triumph, Ricky really likes the new bikes, and Triumph is very attentive to his needs in the R&D side of things, much more so than the big 4. These bikes are gonna rip.

Well. I wouldn't expect him to say they stink.

With Ricky Carmichael at the helm I sure hope it sits lower than the current MX bikes.

Back